Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sandiegomom Guest

Default Morigeau-Lepine Petite Collection 8000 Series

Has anyone purchased any of the pieces of this collection? We saw this collection yesterday in a store and liked it and thought the quality was good, but then I read in the baby bargains book that it is made out of MDF. Any Feedback would be helpful.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Morigeau-Lepine Petite Collection 8000 Series

I did not buy, but did see this collection. we ordered the 4500.

The salesman did tell us when I was viewing the 8000 that it was largely MDF, he didn't seem real impressed with the series but didn't push us away from anything. I didn't price the 8000 so I don't know if it is a bargain compared to any other series- If you are only using it for nursery furniture and not converting to youth furniture, I am sure it will hold up- all reports are that they make an excellent product. I have friends with the 6000 and they LOVE it.

Hope that was a little helpful!!

Megieblue Guest

I don't know anything about that collection but will tell you I'd never buy another Morigeau. I'm at this moment researching buying a crib for my third son as the Morigeau I had for my first two literally fell apart as my son at 18 months stood in it. I threw it out that day and have heard nothing bad bad stories about the company ever since. The cribs don't last. My kids weren't jumpers, climbers, biters and certainly not abusers of our crib, it just busted. All of my friends are still using the crib they've used for all their kids and I'm buying a new one. Buyer beware.

since I have a very expensive crib on order now- could you tell me what collection crib you had? I understand they have different "grades" so I want to know if it's a more expensive crib- in which case, I am in serious trouble!

Megieblue Guest

I couldn't remember exactly which collection so I went to their website. It was the 2000 collection. Crib 210-101 as they call it. I paid well over $600 for it 5 years ago. It absolutely should have gotten me further than my second child (who had to move into a "big boy bed" at 18 months because his crib broke around him. There were a bunch of threads here about problems with Morigeau at the time but they seem to have deleted over time. I did contact the company who didn't call me back.

That's awful! I have friends that haven't had a single problem who bought in hte past three years- maybe they improved? Let's hope for my sake they have, my 4500 series furniture will be here in a few weeks!

Thanks for the feedback!

Megieblue Guest

I think they must've improved recently. I did a search here for Morigeau and am shocked by all the positive comments about them. Two years ago that was NOT the case. Every parent coming on this board was complaining about the horrible construction and nasty customer service. I was truly horrified to think that my son had a crib fall apart around him and they didn't even call me back (after 3 calls!). I'm just glad I heard it happen and that he called for help. Imagine if he had been hurt in the fall and couldn't alert me!?

This time I'm going for a cheaper Jenny Lind. I figure the construction couldn't be worse than what I'm used to...

That is terrible- when it comes to a baby/child's safety, you would think they would take it more seriously.

I've read so many places that the only difference between a $200 crib and an $800 one is the quality of the wood- the price has NO bearing on safety!

mamawattles Guest

We recently received this furniture in the natural finish, and it is beautiful. I had asked whether or not it was MDF at our local Baby's Room store, and was told 2 different answers. (yes and no) One salesperson explained that it is not possible to adhere paint to MDF. I have no idea if this is correct. Nevertheless, we paid extra for the natural finish to ensure that it was hardwood. I hope this is helpful!

dlap Guest

What is MDF?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast