1031attorney Guest

Default Bellini Furniture: Any owners have comments for a new parent?

First off, I know it is very expensive, and many say overpriced, however, after looking for furniture for our nursery for the past 4 months, my wife is convinced that Bellini has the only crib/dresser/etc. set she truly loves. Anyone own Bellini furniture that has been manufactured within the past 12-24 months? Any comments on durability, ease of use, etc? I have a 5th edition of the Baby Bargains Book, but I alot has changed in the past 2 years. Thanks!

azmom Guest

Default RE: Bellini Furniture: Any owners have comments for a new parent?

We are new parents too. Baby is due in 6 weeks. We went with Bellini and love it! No practical experience using the furniture as baby is not here yet. But, the furniture is beautiful and our experience with the local Bellini store (Scottsdale, AZ) was great. It is expensive, but came out about the same as the other lines were were looking at. It was really convenient to order and we had almost everything (crib, nightstand, dresser with changing table attachment) within 4 weeks. The Dutalier glider (also ordered through Bellini) took about 8 weeks. When they delivered, they assembled everything, which was a plus. We have received compliments from everyone who has seen the furniture. Again, baby is not here yet, but everything seems very sturdy. I would recommend it!

1031attorney Guest

Thanks! Our experience with the Atlanta store was also exceptionally helpful. My wife loves Bellini furniture, and the prices are comparable to some of the other Italian designers that offer similar styles. We were planning to order last weekend, but some friends of ours who have an 8 month old tried to sway us from "overpaying" for baby furniture that was no better quality than other less pricey alternatives. Quality and price are very important, but I need to have style as well.

azmom Guest

I would say if you like Bellini, go for it. We looked at less expensive alternatives, I just didn't feel the quality was necessarily there. We went with the low three drawer/one door dresser so that once our daughter outgrows the changing table, she can use the dresser for years to come (i.e., you won't be able to tell it was every 'baby' furniture). That is why we went ahead and bought a nightstand too - to put by the glider for now, but by a bed when she gets older. We will use the crib for baby #2 someday. So, I feel like we will get a lot of use out of the money we put in. Hope that helps - best of luck!

vdrake71 Guest

I have the 6th edition of the Baby Bargains Book and Bellini was rated at B-. They are cited as excellent on safety and very good on ease of use. The major reason why their score is low is how they try to push their mattress. It is recommended not to buy their mattress.

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a Bellini crib and changing table,however, neither was manufactured in the past 2 years. They are each 9 years old. They have been through my two nephews and now my DS and they HONESTLY look brand new -- no scratches, no chips, very sturdy, nothing wobbles, everything works, etc. They have been moved, disassembled, and reassembled at least 5 times between the 3 boys. I have been very impressed with the quality!! Congratulations on becoming a new parent!

HTH,
    ~Linda~
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25049.jpg

EagerlyAwaitingBaby Guest

My baby is 4 months old and we have a bellini crib (annie style), dreser and changing table. We love it. It is the best changing table because it is so big and comfortable! THe drawers in our dresser are roomy. The crib is relly sturdy and well-made. We love the drawer underneath. We are very pleased with it so far.

karenb Guest

We bought Bellini furniture and are very happy with it. We had some customer service issues but it was related to a particular store. It didn't have anything to do with the furniture. If you like it go ahead and buy it.