tamar948 Guest

Default Bath Towels/ Washcloths - which brands?

Hope I'm in the right forum! I wasn't sure whether this belonged here or in Reality Layette - so, sorry if I've posted to the wrong place...
    Since no specific brands were listed in the book, I thought I'd ask here what brand of bath towels/ washcloths you all liked. I've been looking online at towel/ washcloth sets (per the book). The Bumkins brand looked very nice - but rather expensive ($20 - $27 per set at Babycatalog.com) considering the estimate of $30/ 3 sets.

What brands should I be considering? And how much should I really expect to spend?

I really appreciate your help on this!

Many thanks,
    Tamar
    (expecting 1st in Sept)

twodogs Guest

Default RE: Bath Towels/ Washcloths - which brands?

I thought most sets were not soft at all, even some of the expensive ones. The softest I have found are from Pottery
    barn kids (online and in my store, where they also have matching washclothes).

http://ww2.potterybarnkids.com/cat/p...Cab&gids=pk114

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use Royal Velvet or Dillard's Brand towels. While the kids are small, I like Target's brand of washcloths that come 3 or 4 in a pack. Not Carters, shrinks funny. After around 5, we use regular washcloths.
    Michele
    Mama to three girls

vdrake71 Guest

I also agree. I received many washcloths and towels and they were horrible. The Pottery Barn towels were the best. I love the animal towels (I thing that we have the Fish, dog, crab). I also like them because they have an area to put his head into.

terrapin_mon Guest

I can tell you what not to buy!! The ones at BRU, they shrink and become kinda ridiculous in shape and they were expensive too! I like the PBK towels and washcloths a lot. Good quality. Strangely we have one Circo brand towel/washcloth set from Target (it was a gift and I think maybe cheaper than the BRU brand, that I can't remember the name of) but it has held much better.

Ritu

tamar948 Guest

Yikes! I had no idea there would be so much variance in towel quality. The PBK towels are a bit pricey - but if they hold up, it's probably worth it.

And it's always good to know what to avoid!

Thank you thank you thanks for all the answers... I just wish there were more (inexpensive) options ;)

You all rock!
    Tamar