Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Is the Miracle Blanket worth the $$$ ?

I just bought this blanket and am waiting for it to be shipped but now I'm feeling really guilty for buying a $30 blanket when i could have gotten the SwaddleMe for $12 or used a receiving blanket I already have. I'm on a tight budget and am being really cautious what I buy. I researched it a lot and so many mom's say they think it really is a Miracle Blanket. Anyway could you let me know what you think about this blanket vs other swaddle methods.

Thanks

mysweetboy Guest

Default RE: Is the Miracle Blanket worth the $$$ ?

Julie, I whole-heartedly believe that it's worth the money. I got one when Charlie was about 6 weeks old, and there was immediate improvement in his sleep. Before that I swaddled w/a receiving blanket that he always managed to loosen. I don't have any experience w/SwaddleMe so can't comment on that, but I loved the Miracle Blanket so much that I bought 2 more to have for the baby. :)

Good luck!

Lori
    mommy to Charlie, 5/04
    and a sweet baby girl due 10/05!

Lmoor is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

TOTALLY worth it. We tried swaddling with other blankets, which dd always got out of, and we even tried the SwaddleMe before finding the Miracle Blanket. The SwaddleMe was useless for us - she could always get out. The Miracle Blanket is worth it - especially if you value your own sleep, like I do!!! It helped DD sleep, and consequently, us too.

I was going to post a similar question today! I've heard so much about them, but I've hesitated buying such a pricey blanket. How big of a baby will the Miracle Blanket hold? DS is already 2 months old, but he's fairly small for his age (22" long, 10 1/2 lbs). Is there a chance this will last us more than a month or 2?

Where's a good place to buy one, anyway?

Jen
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

mainepotato Guest

Babycenter sells them for $25 and some change... plus you could probably find a coupon code for free shipping and/or $ off (I think there might be a $5 off $25). The problem is that right now they're "temporarily out of stock" and they only carry a very limited selection of colors.

I was thinking of buying one on ebay. There's a seller with a great selection of colors selling them for $27 + shipping. Shipping is $3.85 for 1-3 blankets. http://stores.ebay.com/Spot4totscom

karolyp is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

YES, they are totally worth the price. In fact, I bought 2 (1 for backup just in case). I got mine from babycenter as well, but you can also get them from their website too. I looked around for the best price, and went with babycenter. I used it till my DD was 4 months old. When I stopped using it, she stopped sleeping through the night :( But for the first four months that's all we used!!!

ETA: I know they are expensive, but I tried the cheaper swaddling blankets and she could always get out. The miracle blanket kept her snug as a bug!!

kboyle Guest

The swaddleme is totally useless. I was going to get the miracle blanket b/c ds2 HAS to be swaddled, but I decided to buy a BIG piece of microfleece first to see if a bigger blanket would keep him burritoed. Well...the 45x45 piece of microfleece that I got from jo-anne fabrics has definately worked!! It is big enough to swaddle him TIGHT (he still has his arms in when he gets up in the morning) and I can use it as a blanket, floor blanket or whatever I want to do with it after it's done it's swaddling job. I don't doubt the "power" of the miracle blanket, but you can't use it for anything else afterwards. If a bigger blanket didn't work I would've bought the miracle blanket. Microfleece doesn't need to be sewn, so after it is the size you want, wash and swaddle. You could also buy a big piece of flannel, I would've, but my sewing machine is broken and I can't sew the edges.

HTH, and good luck w/ new baby!!

gour0 Guest

Yes. This is by far the best swaddling blanket out there.

PurpleDog Guest

Let me tell you about my four month old who sleeps through the night WITH the blanket, not so much without. She's been using it (or the second I got as a true believer in the miracle) since she was about four or five weeks old. Still fits. Still is a miracle. Get one. You won't be sorry.

I inwardly laughed at the Miracle BLanket before my DD was born. I couldn't believe people could spend $30 ona blanket with only a purpose of swaddling. Then my DD was born and cant sleep at night w.o swaddling- except all of the "cheaper" versions of this she can get out of. We were double swaddling her and tucking blankets in around her and still, baby houdini got out. In desperation after 5 nights of ZERO sleep at 4 am one Friday we ordered 2, one for us, one for a shower gift, and starting that Monday she slept no less than 6 hours in a stretch. Its been about 6 weeks, she sometimes has slept 9 pm - 730 or later !!

The MB is our new staple shower gift!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast