Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mammatobe Guest

Default RE: Did anyone get this upholstered rocker glider from Walmart?

When I placed the order, the website asked if I wanted to have it shipped or if I wanted to pick it up at a store- there are only a few stores that offer the site to store option--so just scroll down on the page and see if there is a store that is somewhat close to you. I will post when I receive my chair. It is due in between May 31 and June 13th.

newmama2be Guest

Thanks so much for your reply! It was very helpful. Unfortunately, they don't have a store within a 100 miles of me that has the "site to store" option. Oh well, guess I'll just have to suck it up and pay the shipping. It still seems like a good deal. Thanks again for your help!

Default CLEARANCE! $129 for glider AND ottoman

Wow, yellow, blue, and pink are on sale for less than you'd normally pay for just an ottoman! (Also available in cream for $20 more).

You can get free ship-to-store in some areas (not mine) :(. If you have to get it delivered, it will add about $70 to the price, bringing your shipped total to just under $200. Still a fabulous deal.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4631155
    http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/06/58/57...53_215X215.jpg
    http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/06/58/57...60_215X215.jpg
    http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/06/58/57...52_215X215.jpg
    http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/06/58/57...80_215X215.jpg

Mammatobe Guest

Default RE: CLEARANCE! $129 for glider AND ottoman

I just received my glider yesterday...and am debating on keeping it for the bargain price--or returning it. It is definitely priced this low for a reason- it is pretty much a steel frame with some really cheap foam and fabric. The chair is sittable, not overly comfy, it is very firm---pretty much very cheap foam with some fabric over it. The arms of the chair came in all bent out of shape too- so guess if I keep it I will have to live with that. I worry that it will not last more then a few months- so since we hope to have more kids, do I just suck it up and pay double the price for a better quality chair knowing that it will last. I feel like this chair..the foam will break down and not hold up very well--and eventually show my butt marks from sitting in it all the time..hee hee.

melbablah Guest

I sent mine back the day after it arrived. I completely agree with your review...I just thought it seemed like it would fall apart -- and SOON!

Also, the fabric was truly awful. I got the chair in yellow and it's pretty much neon -- I'm not sure what they were thinking, when they decided to go with that shade of yellow, as most nurseries that incorporate the color are pastel or butter yellow. It clashed with our nursery in the worst possible way....I felt like I needed to wear sunglasses just to look at it. I was wondering if they're on clearance now because everyone is sending theirs back....?

So I'm back to the drawing board. I'm thinking of going with one from goodnightroomfurniture.com; It seems like a small company, the prices are reasonable ($299/chair), and at the very least it comes with a one-year warranty, which is more than I can find elsewhere. I guess what they say about when it looks too good to be true, it usually is, applies here. I'm going to shell out more money to have a chair that lasts and is of good quality than one that only lasts a few months.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: I got one at KMart for 89.00

I've seen the Walmart one which is similar to the one I got at Kmart for 89.00 for rocker and ottoman in the blue fabric, it obviously isn't packed with features, but it rocks smoothly and fits me, my baby and the nursing pillow My Breast Friend (such a goofy name) just fine, I figured why spend a lot, I know so many people who spent 400 and up on their rockers that pretty much do the same thing. I was impressed with Kmarts baby furniture, we saved a lot this time and got cute stuff really cheap (you learn a lot the second time around).

Beth mom to Maddie age 3 and Logan 3 months

boymomCA Guest

Default Walmart rocker

I had this rocker for a few weeks now and I love it. It looked great out of the box and the blue color is very pretty. With my first child I had a rocker-glider that I used for 2.5 years and then sold because we didn't need it anymore (and I wanted an upholstered one next time). I think this chair will be perfect for nursing and rocking small children. I think it looks as nice, if not nicer than other, more expensive rockers I've seen in stores. It may not last for 10 years, but I don't need it to.

russjules Guest

We bought the tan one two weeks ago when they implemented the price rollback. The color is what I expected, and everything arrived within a few days in good shape. We were pleased to find out that the ottoman also glides. We could tell when we put the chair together that the frame is not top quality, but it should be fine for what we need. Overall, we're happy with the purchase and glad we didn't spend $400 on a similar one at Toys R Us.

ababy Guest

Did you get the glider and otoman from goodnightroomfurniture.com? Do you like it? Is it large enough to support your head while rocking? Do you use it? Any suggestions? It looks like a great deal...

We love ours. We've had it since Dec 2005.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast