Jonesey Guest

Default Confusion - Is the Land of Nod Jenny Lind Crib the Same Million Dollar Baby Crib I've Seen for Much Less?

I really want a Jenny Lind-style crib. I looked at the one from Delta at Babies R Us but it seemed flimsy. I saw lots of Million Dollar Baby Jenny Lind cribs online (at Target and other retailers) priced around $200. Based on MDB's lukewarm review in Baby Bargains, I wasn't excited at the prospect of buying a crib from them.

I saw a Jenny Lind crib on the Land of Nod web site for $329. They are reviewed well in the book, and I have several friends who think their quality is good. I was willing to pay a little more than the other Jenny Lind cribs I'd seen since the quality was better. Since I don't live near a store, a friend of mine in Seattle went to check it out. She mailed me a wood sample and a copy of the assembly instructions.

Imagine my surprise when the assembly instructions were from Million Dollar Baby! Is the Land of Nod's Jenny Lind crib for $329 the same one Target (and other stores) carry for $229??? Does MDB manufacture a better quality crib for LoN or is the the same one? If it's the same, I'm going to skip it--or at least get it for $100 less!!!

Default RE: Confusion - Is the Land of Nod Jenny Lind Crib the Same Million Dollar Baby Crib I've Seen for Much Less?

my guess is that it's the same one. i bought a mdb jenny lind crib and was shocked to see the same crib selling in all of the upscale baby boutiques in l.a. for up to $800! i think it's a great crib for the price.

Jonesey Guest

Default RE: Confusion - Is the Land of Nod Jenny Lind Crib the Same Million Dollar Baby Crib I've Seen for Much Less?

I'm guessing it's the same crib too and LoN is charging more for the "rubbed" finish. I actually found the MDB Jenny Lind crib in a boutique near me for $159!

Glad to hear you have the MDB crib and think it's a good one. I think that's the one we're going to purchase!