Default Help changing sheets!

This sounds like such a dumb question, but I get so frustrated I'm willing to ask it anyway.
    I have a drop side crib, & I find it impossible to change the sheet with the bumpers on. I am not particularly short (5'5)- I don't know if I can't reach or the bumpers & mattress are just too snug.
    When DH does it, he lifts the whole mattress out of the crib, and then puts on the new sheet & puts it back in. But I feel like that loosens the bumpers + I sometimes want to change it when he's not around!! Any ideas??
    TIA
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Help changing sheets!

Quick Zip Crib Sheets are the *best*
    They zip on, you never have to remove the bumbers or mattress and make late night blow-out or leaks a cinch to change. They are also safer becasue you don't have to worry about them coming off the corners and baby getting tangled in them.
    They seem pricey at first, but worth every penny!
    http://www.cloudsandstars.com/page/page/1958393.htm

They also sell them at babycenter.com

Mariza
    Mommy to my "Thing 1"
    and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

Honestly, I do the same thing as your DH.

When we still had bumpers on the crib, I would untie the side closest to me, push it back toward the other side, and lift the mattress out on the side that's untied. Took a little wrestling, but it was never too bad.

Now, we have a stationary side crib, so maybe that's easier?

HTH!
    Jessica

slr is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I have a couple of "ultimate crib sheets" that I rotate between and I love them. They are waterproof and easily snap on. They lay on top or your regular sheets and can only be seen when looking down into the crib. I have a decorative sheet on the bottom that is seen from the sides of the crib. Now I just unsnap the ultimate crib sheet and wash that when it gets dirty. No more lifting the whole mattress out of the crib, which was a total pain. They sell these at babies r us for $17.99.

vdrake71 Guest

Default Ultimate Crib Sheet: Help changing sheets!

I also have the ultimate crib sheet. It is very easy. With the UCS you rarely have to change the fitted sheet.

FlamingJune1967 Guest

Let me second the Quick-zip crib sheets. They are sooooooooo easy, and the quality (200 TC) is really nice. I've started buying sets as shower gifts, because If you don't research online you'd never even know about them. I rank these sheets as one of my "top five new products of the new millinium"

Mom of 4 teens plus baby

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Added thought about Quick Zip Sheets

Just wanted to add that I've had both Quick Zip & Ultimate Crib sheets and the quick zip was hands down the favorite for me. I have a big heavy crib with no wheels and with the Ultimate Crib Sheet I still had to pull the crib away from the wall to get in back of the crib and snap the sheet on. WIth the Quick Zip I just lean into the crib and zip the new top sheet around. So much easier!

Mariza
    Mommy to my "Thing 1"
    and soon to arrive "Thing 2"

bryana Guest

Default RE: Added thought about Quick Zip Sheets

Thanks for that information! I was just wondering to myself whether I should save a little money and buy the ultimate crib sheet, especially since I could then buy the cute fitted sheet that matches my daughter's room...but I think I will stick with the quick zip, thanks to your recommendation