not sure where to post this also posted in around the house, and reality layette.

just thought others may be interested in this info. I was on the tide website, trying to get coupons(didn't), btu found out that dreft is also made by them as well as ivory snow.

seems like people w/out babies always say "use dreft". have you smelled that stuff, very pungent floraly smell. does not smell very pure.

well according to tide here is what i found:

"All of our laundry products are formulated to fill different needs. By offering this wide variety of products, consumers will always have something to take care of any laundry situation that might come up.

--Tide is excellent for all around deep cleaning of clothing.
--Ivory Snow gently cleans delicate items.
--Dreft is specially formulated to clean tough baby and toddler stains."

i omitted a variety of other detergents that they mentioned b/c they were not in the baby running. seems like dreft is not made to be pure and delicate, but in fact to fight baby stains. I am planning on using tide free, and possibly oxiclean or borax(use for whites now) or clorox 2(use for colors now). any opinions on this are greatly appreciated.

my husband and I are both very fair-skinned irish folk, with many sensitive skin issues (acne, eczema, dry patches, etc) i am sure that DS will be plagued with these once he arrives.

thanks, n