Thread: video monitors

jakesmomee Guest

Default video monitors

Hi--we are looking for a video monitor and was wondering if anyone had any opinions or new of a good one to buy?? Any advice would be great! Thanks.

momtobe2007 Guest

Default RE: video monitors

We got the Day and Night Video Monitor by Summers Infant. We have not set it up yet, so I can't give you an opinion on how it is. However, before deciding on this one I did tons of research on the ones that are out there. I felt that for the price ($99), it was just as good as the ones that are ($150).
    Our friends have the Sight & Sound Assurance Video by Safety First that is more expensive and they already have had to replace it a few times because the screen just went out or was too stacticy to see anything.
    The only negative thing about the one we have (that I read) was that some people felt the screen was too bright. But I called the company and you can have the sound part on with the video off. So, that would be a nice feature in your bedroom at night so you don't have to have a bright screen on.

jakesmomee Guest

Thanks so much. It's so hard to try to figure out and know exactly what is the best one to get on all of these things! I am not sure if I have looked at that one yet, but I was wanting to go out this weekend to finalize my registry and I will look for that one for sure. Thanks again for the advice. I will let you know what it is that we decide!

asxmen Guest

i am also a first-time mom looking for a hand-held video monitor, as we live in a 3-story house. i am debating between the Mobicam Ultra (which i have read some mixed reviews, even though BB recommends this brand), and Summer Infant Day & Night Handheld or Summer Infant Baby's Quiet Sounds Handheld. i think the only difference b/w these two is the size of the LCD screen...one is 2.5" ($189 @ Wal-Mart) and one is 1.8" ($169). Any advice/information from owners of these monitors would be greatly appreciated! thanks! :-)