corky is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Best price for a cosleeper?

Hello

I am expecting twins in the next few months and I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any deals on the arms reach cosleeper? Has anyone used them for rwins before? I suspect the fullversion is better than the miniversion with two babies. Also, do people find it useful to use as a playpen afterwards?

Thanks

corky

Cactus Kate Guest

Default RE: Best price for a cosleeper?

I bought mine new from the local breastfeeding supplies store. They ordered it for me. Believe that you can order from their website too-Arms Reach. Not positive. The BF store loused up my order. I got what I wanted, it just took forever.

I wouldn't get the mini version. I loved the co-sleeper, wanted one for #1 but didn't get it so got it for #2. She was a late roller/crawler, so I used it until she was 9mos old. Makes it a little more awkward to get in/out of bed on your side. Try putting your nightstand there to see what I mean. But it was great for my #2 as she wanted to be next to me but have "her own space". I love going sleep holding the baby. Also made my husband less nervous about rolling over on baby. If you nurse they are great.

We found it tricky, once it's just a pack n play, to set up/take down. I would go over that in the store or with a friend who has one already.

Good deals: I was told that "Mothers of Twins" clubs is a good place to get a used one.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Best price for a cosleeper?

Not sure if you want to do this, but I got one that was in fantastic condition off ebay. There always seem to be some for sale there and usually in great condition because they aren't used for very long.

I never used mine as a playpen because it was so hard to convert. It took me and DH to work on it together for the first couple of times.

We have the full size version and I do plan on using it with my twins when they get here in a few months. The mini size is about the size of a bassinet or moses basket- way too small for 2 babies, IMO.

Frankly, I'll use mine again simply because I have it. As the pp said, it DOES make getting out of bed a PITA, especially if you have a nightstand next to your bed too. I got mine because after my first c-section to use with my second baby instead of the bassinet we had for the first baby. I thought the co-sleeper would be handy to have with my second c-section (which was scheduled). But I"m not sure it made life easier. The problem is that you still have to pick up the baby to bring him close to you to feed him (you can't slide him onto your bed because there is a small lip separating your mattress from his). And you can't do that while reclining on your side. So you need to sit up. And with the co-sleeper pressed next to the bed, you can't swing your legs down- you have to sit indian-style and bend over to pick up the babies.

I'm very glad I didn't pay full price because I"m still not sure that it made life easier. I probably could have used a playpen with bassinet and been just as happy. That said, I did use it until DS was 6 months old.

HTH! (btw, good luck with the twins!)

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!