Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gmann Guest

Default Natart Furniture

Hi,

I'm a first time mom-to-be and probably like all first timers I'm second guessing all my decisions. So far I really like the Avery collection from Natart (crib and combo dresser). It looks sturdy and the salesperson said it is and they haven't had any complaints, but that's the salesperson. If anyone has had any experience with Natart furniture or specifically the Avery crib and dresser, I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

chines Guest

Default RE: Natart Furniture

I looked at the Logan collection because it looks really sturdy. We were also looking at the EG furniture. They too get made in Canada so the quility is almost identical. Then we really fell in love with the pali cribs and dressers. I loved the curves on it. My husband thought it was cute, but when we saw the Romina furniture we knew we were done. We found the most unique looking set for our baby and now the nursery is absolutely beautiful. And it all came in time for my shower which I was really excited about so eveyone got to see it. The Natart is cute but i would consider looking at all the available options.

Default romina

We were also looking at Romina furniture. How has your experience been with it so far?

Default Natart furniture - watch out!

Hello all,

I need to warn everyone to beware purchasing Natart furniture, based on my own experience. I purchased a Natart bedroom set for my son last summer (2007). We have encountered nothing but problems...Baby Bargains really needs to bump Natart down from their "A" rating. First of all, the furniture is made in Taiwan. While Natart's website was recently updated, earlier they tried to portray everything as being made in Canada - for example, they said that all of their craftsmen went to some Canadian school to learn the craft. They even had a video playing at Buy Buy Baby (where I bought the crib) that made it seem like its made in Canada. Plus the Baby Bargains book said it was made in Canada. I was interested in buying furniture NOT made in Asia, so that is one of the reasons I paid a premium for this furniture. How disappointed I was when the furniture got delivered and the box said "Made in Taiwan". Natart has recently updated their website, so it is not as misleading as it once was, but they should have done this as soon as they moved their furniture production overseas. It was very misleading.

Now for the real problem - I would have been ok if my furniture was not delivered damaged, but this has not been the case. First of all, the furniture would be very beautiful if it were not so damaged upon delivery. All 3 pieces - Crib, Nightstand, and Dresser were damaged upon the first delivery, and not from bumping around in the truck. The most troubling damage was the bottom of the Nightstand drawer, that was obviously split and glued together (a huge line about 1/2 cm. thick ran across the entire drawer - how could Natart expect me to accept this?). The dresser was also cracked in a few spots by the drawers. Finally, the crib had dents all over it. I requested that all 3 pieces be replaced; thankfully Buy Buy Baby let me keep them while I waited for the new furniture. I eventually got a new Nightstand and Dresser that were not damaged, but the crib was once again damaged (similar to the first time) and I refused delivery and asked for another one. I recently got my third delivery of the crib and I once again refused it - dings and dents all over it. The driver from Buy Buy Baby showed me how it was packed from the factory and its obvious what the problem is - there is wood against wood in the box with very little padding, and pieces are just getting knocked around in there. Honestly, I do not see how Natart expects their furniture not to be damaged when it is packed this way. The entire set cost around $2500, how can I be expected to accept damaged furniture like this at this cost? I do not understand how Natart makes any money as I cannot be the only person refusing delivery of this damaged furniture. I also recently purchased some Thomasville furniture for my bedroom, which was made in Asia, and it was delivered without any damage at all. Buy Buy Baby is ordering another crib for me but I am not hopeful that this is going to be resolved anytime soon.

You all need to be very careful ordering from Natart, as I cannot be the only person having these problems. We love the way the furniture looks, but I am not going to accept anything damaged for the price we paid. The inconvenience of the whole thing is really starting to wear on us and truth be told we should be compensated finacially for all of our lost time and energy. Let's hope the fourth crib delivery is the last one.

Baby Bargains, please take note of this issue and adjust Natart's rating in the next edition of your book accordingly.

According to the website - Natart has some lines made in Italy, some in Asia, some in Canada. A bit of a mixed bag (more than I thought)

We ordered the Theo line which is made in Canada according to the site and our dealer. The furniture dealer we bought from sells several other well known high end brands and told us the Natart line is among the finest he sells. We did rely on the Baby411 reviews when trying to find a high quality North American Made crib.

Based on your issues - we will pay careful attention to the condition (and origin lables) at delivery time.
    Last edited by crazydiamond; 03-24-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Hello,

Natart manufactured only in Canada in 2001. Since then, the economy and world as changed and in consequences we need to accommodate the requirements of the consumers. (i.e.: price, style, segmentation etc.) Today we manufacture parallel in Canada and Overseas to give the choice to the consumer according to their needs.

Below is a detailed list of all our groups and their origins. This is the same news letter that was sent to all our dealers last December.

Natart has 13 collections, eight of which are produced in Asia.

1.Alex collection, made in Taiwan

2.Austin collection, made in China

3.Avery collection. made in China
    Avery drop side crib with drawer, made in Italy

4.Chelsea collection, made in Canada
    Crib to Double, made in Taiwan (Painted in Canada)
    Cameron Canopy Crib to Twin, made in Canada
    Cambridge drop side crib, made in Italy
    Cameron Crib to Twin, made in Canada

5.Emily collection, made in China

6.Joshua collection, made in Canada
    Cambridge drop side crib w/drawer, made in Italy
    Logan Sleigh Crib to Twin, made in Canada
    Sleigh Crib to Double, made in Italy

7.Madison collection, made in China
    Austin drop side crib w/drawer, made in Italy

8.Paris collection, made in Canada
    Paris drop side crib w/drawer, made in Italy
    Cameron Canopy Crib to Twin, made in Canada
    Cameron Crib to Twin, made in Canada
    Carved Crib to Double, made in China

9.Penelope collection, made in China
    Penelope drop side crib w/drawer, made in China
    Crib to Double, made in China

10.Robin collection, made in Canada
    Austin drop side crib w/drawer, made in Italy
    Crib to Double, made in China (Painted in Canada)

11.Sidney collection, made in Taiwan
    Cambridge drop side crib w/drawer, made in Italy
    Crib to Double, made in Taiwan

12.Theo collection, made in Canada
    Avery drop side crib with drawer, made in Italy
    Theo Crib to Twin, made in Canada
    Theo Crib to Double, made in Canada

13.Verona collection, made in China
    Verona drop side crib w/drawer, made in China

Regards,

Domenic
    Natart Juvenile Inc.

I ordered my nursery furniture from Natart thru a store in Brooklyn called Mega Babies. So far the experience has been an ABSOLUTE DISASTER. My order was placed in January and I was told in March all 3 pieces would ship 4/4. When I called Mega Babies on 4/4 to confirm that the furniture had indeed shipped, Natart changed the delivery date from 4/4 to 4/11 then to 4/21 and then to 4/25. These were all estimated delivery dates and each date was given within the span of 24 hours.

The manager Tony as well as there North American rep Dominic guaranteed the furniture would be shipped on 4/14 or 4/15 at the absolute latest and not surprising I called today 4/25 and my furniture is still sitting in Canada!!! In the meantime, my baby is due any day and I have been totally lied to by everyone at this company.

Considering the money we are spending I would never expect service like this. Supposedly, my order is ready to ship but I will see it when I believe it. I am contemplating canceling my order at this point they've provided such poor service.

My advice- do not order from them. Since I placed this order I've had more NYC vendors say they don't sell Natart anymore because they are notoriously unreliable with their deliveries.

It is a shame they can not get their act together as their is clearly a market for their products.

Yikes,

I allowed 14-16 weeks to get my furniture, having read about delays with Natart (and some other high end makers too).

The local Natart sales guy told me it would be 10 weeks when I ordered. I suspected that was unlikely, but did not say anything. Right now we are at 10 weeks. I called the local sales guy for an update and was told "two more weeks".

I will post when I finally get the furniture.
    Last edited by crazydiamond; 04-27-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Smile Natart Furniture

We also purchased a Natart set based on reviews and we were very pleased.
    We purchased our Natart furniture from a store called Posh Baby on Staten Island and the salesman was right on the money.
    He did state that the set we liked was made in China and also showed us the differences in quality from other companies. He also stated that Natart made 5 new sets for 2008 and to expect a long arrival time.
    We actually recieved our furniture a week earlier than expected.
    My husband and I looked at other furniture companies and believe we made the right choice.
    Last edited by Adiva1299; 05-12-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Smile Natart Furniture

Good Luck to everyone !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast