Thread: CRIBS

mufyn Guest

Default CRIBS

Well, here's the deal: I'm a new mom-to-be, and though I'm excited about my little bundle of joy due in December, I HATE SHOPPING! I am at a loss for a crib. I thought I was doing well with what I originally chose, the Milan Crib 'n Changer by Simplicity. However, after getting what I now refer to as the Baby Bible, Simplicity cribs got a bad rating (a D). Now there is no way I'm putting my child in anything that got a D rating! So now, I'm officially in crib hell! }(

I know that I want a convertible crib, but ideally, I'd like to have one that comes with everyting included (conversion kit, the under drawer, etc.). Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

PLEASE HELP!

chines Guest

Default RE: CRIBS

you should look at Munire, Pali, or Romina. Those are all ones that I looked at before purchasing. My Romina included the conversion kit but most of the time they are seperate. I too wanted an under drawer but my sister said they get really dusty so I just went with a convertable crib. Hope that helps

My baby is due in December as well, and it seems kinda crazy to have to be ordering nursery furniture now. That said, we ordered a Munire Essex crib and dresser yesterday (which is the base model of the line). I was impressed with Munire's quality, and both pieces together cost under $1000. I've seen Romina cribs online, and I love their looks, but I think the crib alone is about a grand, so Munire fit our buget best.

I found a small independent shop locally that actually beat the sale prices at USA Baby, and they threw in a free changing pad and Colgate mattress. The shop's owner advised against an under crib drawer, saying that it's easy for toddlers to open them and potentially pinch their fingers.

I feel your pain! There are so many choices in cribs that the proces can be boggling. Good luck!

ypoons Guest

I am a new mom to be and am wondering if anyone has purchased the BassettBaby Timber Creek 4-in-1 crib. I love the look of it and the brand gets a "B" in baby bargains but would love to hear something from someone that actually purchased this! :)

I went through the crib anxiety 3 years ago. I ended up purchasing the Pali Rosario - LOVE the crib, could do without the convertible aspect. I insisted that I needed a convertible crib because I thought it was such a waste to buy a crib and then have to purchase a bed later. If I had to go through it again, I may not have done it the same way. Now that DD is 3 I would rather get a smaller bed from Pottery Barns Kids or somewhere else. Once you start looking beyond the baby years there are so many cute new styles. The convertible crib is going to be big and bulky in her room (taking up a lot of precious pre-school playspace). Not to mention that it really doesn't look as stylish as a full size bed. I have no idea where I am going to store the huge pieces of left over crib that we won't be using ever again. At this time I would rather have sold the crib on Craigslist and used the profits to buy a frame that will better fit into her room.

Things I loved about the crib is that it does not have drop sides. I'm 5'4 and it has always worked perfectly for me. My DD loves the crib so much that I haven't bothered to convert it to a toddler bed. It is huge, takes a normal crib matress - but seems to have so much more space than other cribs I have seen. She never even tries to get out - So, I guess it will convert straight from crib to full size. Just dragging my feet until I decide if I should resell and with something smaller.