Thread: White noise

Enigma Guest

Default White noise

Any one buy one of those white noise machines? Can you give a review?

Default RE: White noise

I didn't buy a white noise machine, so can't help you there, but what I did was tune a small radio to a place on the dial where all you hear is static and it's worked great for us. :)

lydiaach Guest

I really like the Sleep Sheep. Bought one for DS and we use it every night.

http://www.sleepsheepandfriends.com/

ShannonGH Guest

We bought a white noise cd on ebay and just keep it on repeat.

We have an inexpensive (under $20) white noise machine made by conair. 10 or 12 sounds and option of a 1 hour timer. For the longest time it was the only way we could get DD to sleep. We don't use it much anymore at night, but still use it for naptime.
    Kerri

I guess after all these years of being a Packers fan, I've also got to start cheering for the "Niners"...
    DD 11/09/06
    DS 06/09/09

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've been using the Sleep Mate/Sound Screen white noise maker since DD was born (she is now 9 months). I usually forget to turn it off, so it stays on for weeks at a time and I have never had any trouble with it. My SIL has one and she's been using it for three years with her DS. We even take it with us on vacation. This is one thing I could NOT live without!

I bought one 4 years ago with DS. It worked fine, but apparently my son did not like it! As soon as he could talk he started telling us that he didn't like it. At first, I thought he was bothered by the little power light. His room was VERY dark and at night the glow from the power light was pretty bright. But eventually it became apparent that it was really the noise he didn't like. I always thought he couldn't sleep without it! I used to take it with us when we travelled and even bought an extra one for grandma's house.

That being said, a friend of mine swears by white noise for her 4 kids. But she doesn't have white noise machines. She uses an oscillating fan in their bedrooms.