Default White crib or wood tone?

I've found a good deal on a crib and dresser set, and now I'm down to the color. The shop owner suggests NOT going with white because the finishes don't hold up as well, and I can see that my daughter might eventually get sick of "little girl" looking white furniture. However, all I see are white cribs, and there is something fresh and pretty about them in a room. Also, I have a honey-colored low book shelf I'm hoping to put in the baby's room.

My questions: Has anyone regretted buying white nursery furniture? Has anyone mixed other wood tones with a white crib?

Thanks!

Amanda

Default RE: White crib or wood tone?

Friends who have white cribs all complain about nicks, paint chipping off etc. None of my friends brough really expensive cribs, but none bought a crib from walmart or target, either. I agree that white is pretty and fresh in a little girls room, but if you hope that the dresser/headboard will last through her teens, forget it.

I got a wood tone crib because I saw how shabby white cribs were after a year or two, especially if there was no teething rail. I love how our crib looks; the curves makes it girly enough and if we have another baby the woodtone will work nicely for a boy.

Good luck

Kerri

I guess after all these years of being a Packers fan, I've also got to start cheering for the "Niners"...
    DD 11/09/06
    DS 06/09/09