Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone have a naturepedic organic or moonlight slumber mattress?

We are debating between these two mattresses. I would love to hear any advice or feedback on both! I would be especially interested to know - it looks like the naturepedic has rounded corners, is this a problem with a snug fit? TIA!

Default RE: Anyone have a naturepedic organic or moonlight slumber mattress?

I have a moonlight slumber, and we love it. My son is six months old, and I couldn't fathom having him sleep on PVC. In general I'm not anti-plastic, but there was something about sleeping and babies that made me resist the colgate mattresses. We've been really happy with the moonlight slumber starlight supreme. It's substantial, seems comfortable, fits the crib nicely, is totally waterproof, the cover feels lovely, and the baby seems to sleep well on it. Then again, he also sleeps well on pretty much anything including the floor....

Default RE: Anyone have a naturepedic organic or moonlight slumber mattress?

Hi,
    I was hoping that somebody else might chime in because I just recently took a job as a sales rep for Moonlight Slumber but the Fields said it was fine for me to post as long as I stated that.

You can do a search and find out exactly why I love the Moonlight Slumber mattresses (Back LONG before I began working for them). I was actually selected by the Fields to test it and absolutely fell in love with the product and believed in it so much that I became a sales rep. for them.

The Moonlight Slumber mattress is just unlike anything else you have ever seen. The cover is fabulous(feels suede like but is completely waterproof), the semes are dropped down and welded so that there are no needle holes for urine or dust mites and allergens to get in, it is a medical grade foam, has a stocking like internal fire barrier that meets or exceeds the fire standards (even in California). It also has a lifetime warranty!

If you are looking for something more natural or organic Moonlight Slumber just came out with the Nature Star which is geared more towards the parent looking for something more natural but it still has the same cover (which is PVC and vinyl FREE) so it makes it waterproof and prevents dust mites and allergnes. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Like I said...I just started working with Moonlight Slumber because I loved their product so much but you can do a search and see what other think about it as well. :)

There are also reviews in the Parent Product review section. There is a review for the Naturepedic there as well if you wanted more information on it. You might also consider doing a search for the Naturepedic as well and see what you come up with.

HTH!

Tara
    http://lilypie.com/pic/070612/X6DW.jpg http://b5.lilypie.com/IwLRm5/.png

http://lilypie.com/pic/070612/Wd24.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/0pI0m5/.png

http://lilypie.com/pic/070822/Zysn.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/B5tom5/.png

we have a naturepedic and love it. so far, it's just like any other mattress (but not all the chemicals!)

If you are interested in a truly organic and chemical free mattress, the naturepedic is the way to go. I've heard great things about the moonlight slumber, and although it is vinyl and pvc free I don't think it is free of the chemical fire retardants.

Actually it is completely free of chemical fire retardants. It has a stocking like all natural fire retardant that exceeds the fire standards. Again...NO chemicals...it is an all natural fire retardant.
    HTH!
    ~Tara~
    Proud Mommy to
    Jackson 11/02
    Tyler 6/05
    Jaci 8/06

Does the Moonlight Slumber come in the size of a mini crib 24" x 38"?

Thank you,
    Anna
    HBB Evenflo AMP; HBB Parkway SGL; FF Radian; RF Foonf; RF Snugride

BJ Versa / Valco Snap4

They do custom sizes...just contact the company for a price.
    ~Tara~
    Proud Mommy to
    Jackson 11/02
    Tyler 6/05
    Jaci 8/06

Just checked with the company - they said that they will not disclose what makes their mattress fire retardant because of "competitive reasons." (Note: I checked with 3 other companies and they ALL gave me the specific make up of their flame barrier)

Also, the cotton and other fibers in the MS Nature Star are NOT organic, which means that it is NOT chemical free. (this info. also came to me directly from the company) The mattress uses natural fibers - meaning cotton, but that is not the same as organic, meaning cotton grown without the use of pesticides, etc.

I'm sure it's a great mattress, I'm just trying to clarify things for you so you can choose the one that's best for you.
    Julie

The MS nature star is not organic, which means it is not chemical free - also they won't disclose what the fire barrier is made of. I wrote to 3 other organic mattress manufacturers and they all gave me detailed information about the fire barrier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast