Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi,
    I just wanted to come here and clarify a few things. As it states in my posts above I became a sales rep. for moonlight slumber a few months ago after having used their products for years.

At no time has Moonlight Slumber ever claimed that the Nature Star was an "Organic" mattress. It is what we feel to be a good blend of natural products with our signature cover that makes it completely waterproof. Anyone looking for a completely "Organic" mattress should look into something else such as the naturepedic. The Nature Star is geared towards someone looking for something more natural foam but not necessarily "Truly Organic."

As far as the internal fire barrier goes the response you received from the company is right. We do not give out that information because it is a patented product which we do not want our competitors to get information on. It is however made of all natural materials which make it completely fire resistant WITHOUT using chemicals on it.

In my post above when I said it was completey chemical free I was refering to the fire barrier as it was addressed in the post prior to mine. I was at no time claiming that the mattress was organic. I just wanted to come here to clarify a few things that perhaps have been misunderstood in these posts. There are no chemicals whatsoever used to make the MS mattresses fire resistant. The internal fire barrier is ALL NATURAL. However the Nature Star mattress is not organic nor has it ever claimed to be.

HTH!
    ~Tara~
    Proud Mommy to
    Jackson 11/02
    Tyler 6/05
    Jaci 8/06

Julie
    I'm currently looking for a mattress, but haven't decided? What's the naturepedic price range? Also what makes it fire retardent or is it fire retardent? What is the cover made of? Is it waterproof?
    Thanks!

Sorry for the double post!

Quote Originally Posted by rhettsmom
    I'm currently looking for a mattress, but haven't decided? What's the naturepedic price range? Also what makes it fire retardent or is it fire retardent? What is the cover made of? Is it waterproof?
    The naturepedic fire barrier is made of baking soda and silica (a natural mineral). The cover is waterproof. It is made of a food-grade polyethylene, the same material that the Dr. Sprott's mattress cover is made of (if you're not familiar this is a cover used in an anti-sids campaign which stops chemicals from leaching out of mattresses and has nearly eliminated SIDS in New Zealand). But, it's extremely thin, when you feel the mattress it feels like fabric. They sell 3 or 4 versions of the mattress from $259 and up. I found one of the higher end ones brand new on ebay for a really good price - shipped strait from the manufacturer. I think it retails for $359 and I paid $275 or something plus about 20 for shipping. I looked for a long time and decided on the naturepedic because it doesn't have any wool or natural latex, which can cause allergic reactions. If your baby doesn't have allergies, then there are lots of others out there that use these materials to choose from.

Julie

Thanks Julie for the info! I'm still waiting to see if he'll have any major allergies...at this point I don't know for sure. My sister's kids have allergies, but I don't know if my baby will. Anyway Thanks!

Default Did you decide on your mattress?

Hi Sophie80,
    Did you decide on your mattress? I am in the same situation between these two mattresses. Seems like it should be easy but the more I look into it the more confused I get! Might be the lack of sleep I am getting!

Seems like the naturepedic and moonlight slumber are good but each has something I don't like.

Thanks!

Default love our Naturepedic

We have a Naturepedic and really love it. We originally had a Sealy, but when I started doing research, I realized an organic mattress would have been wiser. Just to be on the safe side. It's honestly no different from the Sealy in terms of fit; in fact, it might be a bit snugger. But it fits fine. I also got the mattress pad that Naturepedic sell. Oh, and they have GREAT customer service. We're really happy with them and the mattress. We're having another baby in June and planning on getting another one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2