Thread: Honors Bedding

raynjen Guest

Default Honors Bedding

Does anyone have any information regarding Target's Honors brand of baby bedding? I found the perfect theme (airplanes) that could be used for either a girl or a boy and the entire set (sheets, bumper, comforter, blankets, etc.) could be bought for under $100. Either Target is new to this area, or they are an infintesimal portion of the marketplace, because I can't find a review of them anywhere! Any help would be appreciated.

Jen

Default RE: Honors Bedding

Jen: In short, we think it shrinks too much. We weren't that impressed with it quality-wise. We'll add that brand to our next editoin!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    BABY BARGAINS
    Email: [email protected]. Web: www.windsorpeak.com. Phone: 303-442-8792
    Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

joodyjr Guest

I shop at Target so much they practically know me by name. However, I don't think their bedding is what I would use for my son. The quality isn't that great, and I doubt the sheets have elastic all the way around (which is important so it doesn't pull up off crib), and they shrink. I think they carry a terrific selection of baby accessories, everything you can imagine, but I personally would stear clear of bedding. I bought a set from Baby Depot ($170.00, bumper, sheet, comforter, ruffle) and you know what? I only use the ruffle and bumper. I hang the comforter on the edge of the crib (away from baby), just because it's so cute and ended up buying Lands End crib sheets and a coverlet. The sheets are great, elastic all the way around, and they don't shrink and I even found great prices on their overstocks section of website, (even if they are pink and yellow, but my son doesn't care). The comforter of the set at Baby Depot, while I feel it's safe enough to use, is too much for my son, he gets very warm, and the sheet was fairly flimsy. I give Lands End 5 stars and 2 thumbs up for their bedding and they do offer solids that you could incorporate into a more elaborate theme! Hope you read Baby Bargains Book, the latest edition. that's where I get all my baby stuff info!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-01 AT 11:17PM (Mountain)[/font][p]I'm an avid Target shopper and purchased the Honors brand Pack-N-Play sheets and did not like them at all.
    They were scratcy fabric and did not have elastic all the way around. They didn't fit too well either.

I do have some Honors brand baby blankets and have been happy with them, but I would avoid the crib sheets.

My son has Landsend sheets and I am very happy with them.

Sarah

Stacy Guest

Hi. I bought a Cherokee crib sheet at Target and it does have the elastic all the way around. Where as the sheet that I bought to go with my Cotton Tale set does not. So, be careful of the expensive bedding ensambles!!

I shop at Target all the time and bought the Honors brand Pack & Play sheets for a play crib we keep at my mother-in-laws house. In my opinion, they are awful -- scratchy fabric, don't fight snugly, easy for my son to pull them off, etc. I would not recommend them at all.
    Of course, I use Lands End crib sheets on his bed and the Honors brand doesn't stand a chance up against Lands End!

Sarah.....

JakesMom Guest

I am also a Target queen and agree that I like their receiving blankets but don't think their sheet quality is very good. (However, if you must get them there to match things or save some dough, try the knit jersey sheets.) I have a Nick & Nora crib set in cotton jersey, and got a few solids from Lands End (also in the cotton jersey). I'm very happy with both products.

- Jodi

Nancy Freeland Guest

Hi Jen

My name is Nancy and I live in Canada, just recently my best friend in Bermuda bought me a mobile from the HONOR products line and it has little teddy bears sitting in airplanes,it's called FLY 1-2-3. I was wondering if that was the set you were talking about? I want to find the matching comforter set and have had no success!

I have looked everywhere for the HONORS products and can't find them anywhere. I called the 1888 Target number and they told me they don'T carry HONOR anymore.

So anyway if you have some info for me, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you

Nancy