Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mkkrum Guest

Default RE: Ultimate Crib Sheet--WARNING

I meant to imply I think this is an issue for OLDER infants--ones that are mobile or almost-mobile. We have loved our two UCSs and would use them again with brand new babies in an instant. I'm sorry to have to take them off!

Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards!

We have not heard of any other complaints like this. However, we STRONGLY recommend you no longer use the Ultimate Crib Sheet. Once a child can do it once, they can do it again. Please remove it and do not use it. You may also want to fill out a form for the Consumer Product Safety Commission about the incident (www.cpsc.gov) as well.

Best wishes,

alan and denise fields
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

E&E Guest

Wow, I just posted about how much I like these things. Now I'm worried. My baby is 6 mos old, but does not move around too much yet, but I'm still hesitant to use this. Thanks for posting!

gaynellgirl Guest

I love my Ultimate Crib Sheets. I've used them since my son was born and he is now two years old (and still in the crib). Just wanted to mention that I haven't had any problems with this product and highly recommend it.

MonsterMom2 Guest

My 10 month old (active sleeper) flipped the end of his utlimate crib sheet back. too. I thought about removing it at the time- I'm going to do it right now. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

I do want to say that it is an awesome product for babies that don't move around a lot. My son's twin brother had special needs and therefore his sheets got messed up a lot. The ultimate crib sheet has saved the mattress and saved me a lot of work when I was taking care of two demanding babies.

lbess is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Would it be worth it to add extra snaps to the ends of the sheets? My friends rave about the UCS, so I'm looking forward to using them, but I wouldn't want to risk a baby learning to tunnel under. Seems like it wouldn't take more than a few minutes at the sewing machine to secure the ends in another place or two...

Any idea WHY your baby went under the sheet? Was it colder than usual that night, or was it just the adventure of it?

jeanmarine Guest

I've been reading discussion about the UCS on this site and on Amazon (BRU) and the person above isn't the only one who has had this problem with a baby getting underneath the UCS - at least two people have had that experience in 2005 and were scared to death by it, and felt lucky that their babies were able to cry and they were able to get there in time, because the babies could have suffocated. Just something I noticed - we just put on our UCS and it doesn't look at all safe to me, too easy to become a suffocation hazard, our 4.5 month old son isn't mobile yet but he's a very active and strong baby and I don't think we'll be using this very long. I'm probably going to switch to the zip-up sheet by Clouds and Stars, which looks a lot safer.

rrkalina Guest

FWIW, the UCS I bought in May DO have snaps on the ends as well--3 down each side, and 1 on each end. I guess they have changed their design slightly.

Of course, since we have a sleigh style crib, I can't use the ones on the ends anyway, so I'll definitely keep an eye on DS (2 months now) and when he starts getting mobile I'll remove them.

~Kyle
    Gavin 5/26/05

PurpleDog Guest

Hey, don't give up the ultimate crib sheet! Try this layering, which works for us with both our kids (toddler and newborn):

Over crib mattress goes mattress cover,
    Over mattress cover goes a fitted crib sheet
    Over fitted crib sheet goes ultimate crib sheet
    Over ultimate crib sheet goes another fitted crib sheet.

So if we have an accident in the middle of the night I just whip off the top sheet and ultimate crib sheet and throw the baby back in. Yes, there's a little risk that there could be another accident, but at 3am when all I want to do is go back to bed, I"ll risk it.

And the ultimate crib sheet is completely anchored down by a fitted crib sheet.

Vicki

bunnisa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

That's a really good idea, Vicki!

Bethany
    mom to one and one on the way!
    http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast