kmdintx Guest

Default Are hand washable bumpers too much of a pain?

I've found a bedding set that I just love - the only problem is that the bumpers are not machine washable. The set is made by Brandee Danielle. It's quilted so the pads are not removable, but it's not too fluffy and fat.

Am I foolish for considering something that I can't just throw in the washer and dryer? Is it safe to Scotch Guard the bumpers for quick clean up? This is our first child so I'm not really sure how often I can expect to be washing the bumpers.

Thanks in advance,
    Kim

Sixofus Guest

Default RE: Are hand washable bumpers too much of a pain?

I personally wouldn't want to have to hand wash a bumper. To me, it would be very awkward to try to wash something that's over 10 feet long by hand. But on the other hand, because you don't really use the bumper for that long and becuase it's generally not in the line of fire for most messes, I can count on one hand the times I've washed my crib bumper, so it's not like you're doing it every week. I guess it's up to you if it's worth the occasional inconvenience to have the set you love.

Just my opinion,
    Debbie
    mom of 4

sweetbasil Guest

Default RE: Are hand washable bumpers too much of a pain?

For what it's worth, I really didn't have to wash the bumpers much at all. It seemed like we had to take them out of the crib pretty quickly, because we didn't want DS to have extra height standing on them once he learned to pull up....

Good luck, though!