dekthai99 Guest

Default Where is the best place to buy nursery fabric?

Since the beding sets are so expensive, I thought I will make them myself. However, I am unable to find the fabric I like at the local store. I thought that it will be easy to find on the web, but I was wrong. Does anyone know which site is good for nursery fabric (100% cotton)?

Thank you

suzska Guest

Default RE: Where is the best place to buy nursery fabric?

I don't know which site is good for nursery fabric, but you could try some of the quilting sites--they would have 100% cotton (most kid prints you find at the fabric store are a blend I think). Oh, and a "fat quarter" is a 18"x22" piece of fabric if someone sees that mentioned on the sites and doesn't know what it is (a quarter of a yard cut "fat" instead of across the fabric).

I've never shopped online for fabric, but I know JoAnn Fabrics is often running promotions on their site (I know it's too late, but they have free shipping today--Monday--since it's a football night). Their address is http://www.joann.com.

Another quilting site is http://www.connectingthreads.com. Again, I've never ordered from them, but I have gotten their catalogs and they seem to have some nice fabrics.

One other one I thought of is http://www.everythingquilts.com. I just looked there and they actually have an "I Spy" quilt panel that would make a quick playquilt project.

I know there are others, but I can't think of any right now.

I actually bought my son's bumper pads and stuff on eBay. I wanted a discontinued Boyton pattern, and was able to find all the parts for about 1/3 of what they sold for originally. I bought some nice new flannel crib sheets from Lands' End, though.

Good luck!

--Sue B.

2rene Guest

Default RE: Where is the best place to buy nursery fabric?

I went to Calico Corners and for the price of one of those bedding sets I got lots of yardage in 100% cotton in colors and patterns that are so unique and that I love for the same price. And it's EXCELLENT fabric. I also get to make the crib skirt as long as I want since the crib skirts are not long enough in my view. Plus I am making it double layered.

Joann's is very good too. Lots of kids patterns, esp. flannels. Joann's have sales on patterns at prices you can't believe. This weekend I picked up a McCall's pattern for rocker cusions for $1.99! The price on the pattern was $13.95. At a store around the corner that is suppose to discount fabrics had the same pattern for 10.95! I just about laughed at them.

suzska Guest

Default Length of crib skirts....

Just be aware that as you lower the mattress in the crib, the crib skirt will be lowered, too. So while the crib skirt may start out a "mile" away (especially if you have a drawer underneath like we do), eventually it will end up near the bottom (and covering the drawer). But then I only use the drawer to store extra sheets and bigger sized clothing, so I don't need to get into that often.

--Sue B.
    SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01