Thread: Dream Drops

novbb Guest

Default Dream Drops

Has anyone purchased from Dream Drops Online. They have the Glenna Jean "Duck Duck" set that I want for quite a bit less than other sites (about $30 less for the set). They are also offering free shipping. I am wondering if they are reputable or not. I don't remember seeing them in the book. Also, any advice on a diaper stacker. I didn't think I wanted one, but you can add it to the set for $15 so I was thinking about getting it for that price. Mainly though I was just hoping someone could tell me anything they know about Dream Drops! Thanks!

mspacman Guest

Default RE: Dream Drops

Sorry I don't know about Dream Drops, but I just wanted to say that the Fields are so right about the diaper stacker being a waste of money.

I saw a cute one at Baby Depot on clearance for $7.99 or so, and thought what the heck. It didn't get used even once. Instead I keep the diapers in a stack on the changing table (actually an old bureau) so they are right there within quick snatching reach. If I used the stacker, I'd have to let go of the baby and run over to the crib each time. I suppose it could be used by people who don't have a changing table or dresser and plan to change the baby right in the crib, but in that case something like a Diaper Depot might be more useful because it also stores wipes. The stacker went off to Goodwill.

Save the $15 to buy diapers!

suzska Guest

I got a diaper stacker as part of my set and use it all the time. We have a long dresser (that was my brothers') with the changing pad attached to the top. There's maybe a foot of dresser space left over, and that's where I keep the wipes and a box of tissues. I have open shelving (Niklas from IKEA which was in the room before it was a nursery) right next to the dresser and the diaper stacker hangs from there, about 10" above the height of the dresser so that I can get to the wipes box below it. I also have a pocket organizer (from IKEA) hanging on the side of the shelves and keep diaper rash ointment in one of the pockets. So everything is right there at the height I'm "working" at and I don't have to bend down to reach for anything.

It all depends on your set-up, and you don't know how you'll "work" until you've change a baby a few times.

Sorry I can't help with your other questions.

--Sue B.
    SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

wjorden Guest

My wife and I just had a HUGE run-a-round with baby'sheaven.com. We ended up cancelling our order and using dreamdrops.

Dreamdrops answered our prayers. They have unbeateable customer service. We had our bedding within 3 days of ordering, and they even called us to see if they could do anything else for us.

We have the Glenna Jean "Barnyard Buddies set, and are very pleased with the quality and style.

In terms of dreamdrops, we would recommend them to everyone.

ThirtySmthing Guest

We are also looking at Duck duck. I would say the diaper stacker is nice but probably not necessary. But - for $15 it adds cute color to the room. Does anyone know if this set or any of Glenna Jean's sets are 100% cotton?? that si the part I am concerned about???

wjorden Guest

The "Barnyard Buddies" collection is 100% cotton.

I hope this helps,

Bill Jorden

bonzo Guest

What a coincidence, our Duck Duck bedding just arrived today from Dream Drops! We ordered on March 16, so it tokk about 4 weeks to get here. We got the 4 piece set and the musical mobile. Not sure if its 100% cotton, but the fitted sheet had elastic all the way around.
    One word of caution...when I was tying up the bumper, I pulled to hard on one of the corners and ripped the stitching. It will be easy to repair, but I didn't think I was pulling that hard. Also, the fitted sheet is fairly thin, I can see the mattress label through the sheet.
    One suggestion for adding color to the room is to hang the quilt that comes with the set. This was the reason I used to convince my wife we should get the mobile instead of the diaper stacker. In general, we're very pleased with the set.
    Dream Drops was the cheapest, by about $30, and had a fairly reasonable return policy. Plus, no shipping or sales tax, which really is the key when buying baby stuff.
    Hope this helps!