megcarlin Guest

Default Cradle/Bassinet Sheets

My baby was due to arrive two days ago, and it just occurred to me that while I have plenty of crib sheets, I only have one sheet for the cradle in which the baby will be sleeping for the first few months. Are cradles standard-sized? Does anyone know where I can get cotton cradle sheets that aren't too expensive? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Default RE: Cradle/Bassinet Sheets

We purchased a bassinet and were able to find Carters cotton sheets for it. I was also able to find cotton knit sheets. The prices are extremely reasonable. I know that Target carries 100% cotton bassinet sheets made by Little Tykes, which is a divison of Carters.

Good luck!

-Melissa
    :)
    edd 6/11/02

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

LailaCa Guest

I purchased my bassinet sheets at Babies "r" Us....and they are Carters. THey were $6.99 each.

How many is everyone purchasing? I only bought two. I am thinking I should have perhaps one more.

Three is a good number. One on the mattress, one ready to put on in case the one on gets wet or worse...and then one in the wash...that is, if you are like me and take forever to do wash!

-Melissa

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

m2tandk Guest

I know this may sound strange, but a friend of mine used knit pillowcases on her cradle mattress! It worked and she never bought any cradle sheets! I think I prefer cradle sheets though!

Kelly

If you have the Graco Triad bassinet like me (works as a co-sleeper attached to your bed)--you may be having trouble finding sheets that fit the overly large bassinet mattress. Try Gerber's knit "Cradel" size sheets. They are oh-so-soft, have elastic all the way around (instead of just on the corners like some brands), only cost $4.99, and are roomy enough that they don't pop off. Also, the Good Housekeeping study on safe crib sheets rated Gerber pretty well, and these cradel sheets are only smaller versions of the same thing.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12