Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Does Your Crib Look Naked?

Hi, Rhonda!

Thank you for taking time to post and for the attachment. The room is adorable. I wonder how DH would feel if I asked him to build a bay window in the baby's room(LOL)?

You and so many of the ladies who have posted on this thread have been such a big help in helping make decisions regarding decorating and doing it on a budget.

I have a question - do you like the nursery organizer that you have by the changing table? We don't have the money for a dresser right now and our changing table has 2 open shelves, so I was thinking of getting the organizer or just putting plastic bins on the shelves to hold his clothes. We got the Diaper Depot to attach to the side of the changing table to hold diapers, wipes, creams, etc., but we still need a way to organize and store his clothes, etc.

Ladies, I would love to see your nurseries, so please attach pictures if you can!!

Thanks!
    Toni - mom to Katherine(5/19/96) and Andrew (edd 9/30/02)

MyFirstBaby Guest

Thanks Christina -
    I actually went with the Diaper Champ as opposed to the Diaper Genie. Reason being, my friend said it really is a pain to buy the refills on the Diaper Genie. She went and bought the Diaper Champ and loves it because it uses regular tall kitchen garbage bags. I went purely on her advise. I don't know much about Diaper Dekor, but have seen it in the store. Let me know how you like it!
    Rhonda
    9/19/02

MyFirstBaby Guest

Toni -
    I got the nursery organizer at Babies R Us and it is pretty sturdy - holds a lot of things too. I can't remember what it costs, but it wasn't much ($20?) and it's worth it to store you frequently used items.. for me, I got it to put bibs, burp cloths and bath items in. There is a compartment (on the left) that has a lift top. I use that to store my wipes and supplies in. I say go for it - it has lots of shelves and things to store those extra clothes in.

Rhonda
    9/19/02

cmcostain Guest

I saw the same organizer Rhonda uses at Target today. I didn't check the price but I'm sure it's around 20 bucks.
    They also have the quilt clips I've been looking for, but didn't know where to find. Little stars that hold a quilt or, in my case, blanket up on the wall. Can't wait to get started!!!

Christina

suzska Guest

Default RE: Does Your Crib Look Naked?--Quilt Hangers

I've posted about these before, but thought I would mention them here again. They are unfinished quilt hangers that you can stain or paint to match your decor/quilt. There's a little marble between the blocks of wood that holds the quilt in place, so it's rather easy to get the quilt in and out. I haven't used them in the nursery (2nd story of a Cape Cod and no wall space left), but I have used them elsewhere. They are $9.99/pair at my JoAnn's, and I am on their mailing list, so I just use the 50% off coupons they send me all the time.

http://joann.com/catalog.jhtml?PRODI...reground=green

When I get around to posting pictures of Evan's nursery maybe I'll get around to posting pictures of the decoratice painting I've done on some of these. I think everytime I do them I get more and more elaborate to match the blocks of the quilt! LOL! But you could always do a simpler motif to match the nursery theme.

suzska Guest

I'm the one that has the Boynton set. Chances are there's one like mine on eBay. They show up there more often then I originally thought when I bought mine.

I didn't buy the letters until after Evan was born since we weren't 100% positive he was going to be a he and not 100% sure on the name. But the letters (wood turnings? I think they call all the wood things) do go on sale quite often.

We don't have any of the JoAnn Etc. stores around here. Probably just as well, although it would be nice to be able to take the classes they offer.

Yes, I love the Lands' End Barnyard print, too, but they came out with that after I got all my stuff. The sheets I have are the older "Quack! Oink! Moo!" print--which was more pastel.

I'll attach a picture of Evan's room how it appeared just after he was born--the lampshade and letters weren't done yet, and we've since added an armoire painted to match the dresser. But at least it gives you an idea of what his room looks like. That's the Boynton pattern on the piloow on the rocker. We had the rocker for a long time before we had Evan. Otherwise that would have been a different one (that matched better), but we weren't going to spend the money on a new one. Although I often wish I had one with padded arms. :-)

I'll glad I could help with some suggestions. I like to pass on any ideas I can think of for "creative decorating."

P.S. I was up at 2:30am painting the knobs for Evan's dresser the Saturday before he was born (he was born on a Sunday--16 days early). I would often wake up in the middle of the night and spend time working on craft or quilt projects. Gotta love the "side effects" of pregnancy. :-) But I think Evan recognized the sound of the sewing machine once he was out of the womb!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5