Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cathy419 Guest

Default Stupid Ultimate Crib Sheet snap question! Don't laugh...

Because of all the great posts about the Ultimate Crib Sheet, I bought one over the weekend. I've been trying to put it on the crib and am confused about some of the snaps. First, on the headboard/footbard portion of the pad, it has a long elastic band with two extra snaps (instead of just one snap, like on all four corners and the middle of the longer sides). Why? Is this supposed to be removed (which it can be, because this one isn't sewn on) used on a section where the regular elastic bands won't fit? (For example, I can't get the small elastic band around the four corners of the crib, which are too big, so I've snapped them around the closest slat. This has made the sheet a bit bunched up. Is this okay/safe?)

Sorry to sound like such a dope. If there were actually instructions that explained this, I guess I sound even more like a dope, because I ripped off the wrapper and tossed it when I got it (foolishly assuming I could put a sheet on a crib without help :))

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Stupid Ultimate Crib Sheet snap question! Don't laugh...

Hmm. Mine doesn't have the extra, long strap at the end. I think that added that later for "safety", but I think mine are perfectly safe. I would imagine that they are supposed to stretch all the way around the headboard.

The way I install mine it is I lay it in the crib and make sure it is flat. I then snap the snaps so that the crib sheet stays flat. I don't really pay attention to which slat I am attaching it to. I just make sure that the sheet doesn't bunch up and that it stays flat and taut.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Hopefully someone out there who actually has an Ultimate Crib Sheet with these straps can help you. But, if not, and if you really want to know, I think a trip back to the store and a look at the packaging will answer your question. I was looking at one of these the other day, trying to decide whether I wanted to buy one and I remember a mention of these extra straps. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what you are supposed to do with them. They are supposed to provide added safety to the sheet. They somehow attach at the head and foot of the crib, but unfortunately I can't tell you how.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have this sheet but don't use it (not soft enough for Colin), but here's what I think:

Those end straps are made to go around your head/footboards. But some cribs have solid head/footboards. In that case, you want to remove those straps (thus they are snapped on, instead of sewn on).

As for the side straps, I would put them around the closest slat, stretching them a bit if necessary to get a snug, smooth fit.

Hope this helps!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

cathy419 Guest

Thanks for your responses. I think a trip to look at the packaging may be in order! My sister uses these and didn't have that extra-long strap. This must be a new thing...

Hi! I happened to be in BRU today and took a look at the "new" UCS. And my response.. ICK!

I feel terrible for recommending these now! The new versions are very scratchy, as Lori has commented. I was with another mommy friend and she also commented that this product now feels very different! We couldn't believe it!

So I can't help you on the strap, but I do suggest feeling them and making sure that this product is for you.

HTH!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Beth, thanks for checking this out at BRU! I went back and felt mine a few times after you talked about how soft yours was, and I just couldn't figure it out. Sounds like they made some changes for the worse!

On the other hand, the Sheet Savers are still nice and soft - I like using these!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

gour0 Guest

Default they go down and strap underneath

The end straps are supposed to go around the metal base under the mattress. I'm not sure what I'll do with mine because my crib skirt is in the way! Maybe I'll make a small slit in the skirt... haven't really decided. HTH. :)

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Anyone use the newer less-soft sheets? How do they washup?

I actually bought one a few days ago but hadn't opened the package yet. Now that I have I am thinking of returning it! I just like the fact that its the full-size, unlike sheet savers
    Oh well.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

To be honest, it felt like most any other woven cotton or poly/cotton blend sheet fabric. If you have a woven cotton or poly/cotton sheet, it will probably feel similar. If you don't then they probably will not feel as soft. I am just so used to the flannel like feel that mine have that it was pretty shocking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast