Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Ultimate Crib Sheet

Hello-
    A friend recommended getting a couple of the Ultimate Crib Sheets - said they were easier than changing the whole sheet. Does anyone recommend these, or do you think they're a waste of money? I found some on online for $13 - is that a good price? Thanks for any help.

Jennifer

abc Guest

Default RE: Ultimate Crib Sheet

We use the Ultimate Crib Sheets and love them. They attach very easily to the crib using the elasticized snaps. Since they go right over the regular crib sheet, if there is an accident then you just remove the ultimate crib sheet and the baby can sleep on the regular crib sheet for the time being (especially handy for those middle of the night accidents). DH likes the fact that they feel soft. We bought ours at Babies R Us for $17.99 so $13 sounds like a good price.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have two and love mine.

I felt some at BRU recently and thought they felt scratchier than mine do. So I'm not sure if:

a) mine just softened up with use and I don't remember what they felt like originally or
    b) they have changed the fabric since I got mine

Anyone with recent UCS?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a recent one, and it did soften upon washing. Though I don't how it compares to the original.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

I was going to buy mine at Safe Beginnings - are they all the same softness? Or should I buy one somewhere else? I don't want it to be scratchy...Thanks!

Jennifer

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm sure they are all the same. Mine probably was scratchy at first. I didn't wash it until after we came home from the hospital, so I have probably just forgotten in the post-baby haze. :)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

redhairedgirl Guest

Be careful what kind of crib you have. My crib has wider slats on it, and I am not able to use the ultimate crib sheet because it just won't fit around the slats right. No matter how many different times I tried, this thing just wouldn't work.
    Just an FYI... Otherwise, I think it's a GREAT invention, but it looks like I'm going to have to sew my own if I want this convienence.

My crib does have fairly wide slats - probably about 1" to 1 1/2". Will it fit that? Thanks for the information - I really appreciate it.

Jennifer

redhairedgirl Guest

You should be okay. My crib has slats that are 3" across.... which makes the diameter of each slat to be about 7 1/2".
    They are elastic, so they do stretch, I just found with my crib, it was just too far.

Mandy

Will the ultimate crib sheet work with solid panel back and front? We have ordered the AP Ind. crib, in the sleigh style, and it suddenly occured to me that the UCS might not work. I know we have to remove the ties on the bumper on those solid sides.
    Barbara

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast