Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bnme is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Ultimate Crib Sheet

Yes. MOst of the snaps to secure it are on the side. There is on at the head and one at the foot, but they are actually not ven needed.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have an older version without the top and bottom straps and I think it is perfectly safe.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Default How do you dry your UCS?

When I dried the UCS in the dryer the plastic bottom part stuck together and now there is a tiny hole in the plastic. Has this happened to anybody else? Do you dry it in any special way? I have to admit that I was kind of dissapointed in the cheap plastic backing of the UCS.

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
    http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: How do you dry your UCS?

Wow! I would call them and complain!

But I have dried mine all the time with no problems. But I also dry pretty much everything on medium high heat.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I feel like such an idiot for asking this, but what exactly do the straps attach to? Are the ones at the corners supposed to go around the corner post of the crib, or around the last slat on the side? What about the straps that are in the middle of the short sides of the sheet? Do they attach to the slats on the end panel or to something on the mattress support? The package says something mysterious about the end with one snap versus the end with two snaps, but to my eye they both look the same.

I have been trying for close to an hour to figure this out, but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to fit right. I'm completely stumped, and I'm afraid I can't blame this on the fact that my due date was YESTERDAY! Any advice anyone can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

Ellen

vpalmer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just received 2 UCS's in the mail yesterday. The instructions say not to overload the dryer or hot spots can be created causing the backing to melt. I plan to wash them this weekend. I will let you know if I have any problems.

Veronica
    Due with baby #1 6-16-03

bnme is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mine has little cracks in the plastic bottom -and I don't even put it in the dryer! I don't think it is a problem, though.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

Before you buy a bunch, make sure they fit in your crib. I bought some and they weren't taut at all; they were very loose and I could just see my son getting a limb (or his head!) stuck. I returned them to BRU.

plum Guest

Am I the only one who never used these? My son's diaper would leak when he was a newborn, but I'd say within the past 4-5 months, we have had no nightly accidents. Is this rare I wonder? In any case, I have yet to use my ultimate crib sheets.

Actually, messy sheets haven't been an issue with us, either. My son (6 mo.) spits up on them sometimes, but it's not like I go through one or more a day. I have a bunch of sheets, but two favorites and I just wash one while other is being used. No biggie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast