Default Drawer Pulls/Knobs

We are recycling an old dresser, and want to "baby it up" a bit with some drawer pulls/knobs. Any ideas of places to get something inexpensive and fast? Baby is due 5/25/03.

AndrewsMommy Guest

Default RE: Drawer Pulls/Knobs

Target just got knobs. They have cute ducks and frogs for $3.99. There are othes too. Our nursery theme is ducks, so I may get them.

Tina
    Mom to Andrew 3/31/03

votre_ami03 Guest

I too was going to suggest Target. They have a small section in the hardware area w/knobs now.

Another pretty inexpensive option, buy round wood knobs & paint them yourself. In our guest BR, I did this & painted the wooden knobs in plaid, check, flowers, etc. to match the "gardeny" theme. Wood knobs can be found petty cheap. Also, check out ebaym I found a great selection of knobs while shopping for my kitchen there.

Have fun decorating!

Christy
    EDD - 7/26
    Boy! Nolan

Target and Walmart both have kids room decor. It's usually in the wallpaper and paint section, or nearby. They have drawer pulls to match the decor.

Be careful buying on eBay, some people get the cheap ones at Target and Walmart and market them as "matching Pottery Barn Kids", which they do of course but that makes them go higher on eBay than you would pay at Target or Walmart.

...Karen
    Jake age 12
    Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

flagger Guest

We bought some reproductions of depression era glass drawer knobs from Ebay. This is a listing for Larger knobs than we purchased:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=37914

You can click on her store for other auctions though. Just a thought and a totally different look. We bought the primary colours and an amethyst coloured one for the doors on the changing table.

We just did the same thing and bought the silver teddy bear knobs from Target. We didn't want to commit to a color so we chose the silver ones. They also have blue stars and yellow moons in one collection, navy blue planes and red fire trucks in another. Go check it out!
    Mom to R and R

ddmarsh Guest

Something really cute that I've seen is the made to decorate drawer pulls at Color Me Mine, a ceramic studio - I'm sure others have them as well. You can decorate them however you like to match the room and I've always thought that would be really cute.

Debbie

I was in a local baby store today and saw lots of different drawer pulls that coordinate with Kidsline bedding. Some were general enough that they could be used in a baby's room without the matching bedding.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

suzska Guest

I really need to get some updated pics of Evan's room, but I've attached one I took soon after he was born.

We took my brother's old dresser, sanded it down, primed it, and painted it to match the room. At the time the nursey bedding was Boynton's Barnyard Animals. So I got 4 knobs from Target (now discontinued--2 pigs, and 2 cows) and used those for the four small drawers. I didn't want to spend the money for 12 more knobs, so I just took the original wooden knobs and painted them in different colors. I actually finished painting the knobs the day before Evan was born. I used latex wall paint on the dresser (well, my dad painted that for me), and acrylics that I had lying around for the knobs.

When we needed more storage space, we bought an unfinished armoire and painted it to match the dresser (I don't have a pic of that). By this time Evan was fascinated with cars, and the animal knobs had been discontinued at Target, so I bought the Transportation theme ones (also now discontinued--2 buses, 2 red cars), and used those on the drawers. I also got a pack of the repositional decals that matched the knobs. The doors of the armoire have 2 panels each, so I painted each panel a different color (orange, yellow, blue, purple) and put one or two larger decals in each panel. And still more on the drawers at the bottom.

HTH!