hwm77 Guest

Default Does Pottery Barn bedding fade?

Does anyone use Pottery Barn crib bedding? And if so, have you found that it fades when washed? I ask because I am considering buying a crib skirt off of ebay that I would use with a bumper pad I buy from the store. (I really don't mind buying a used crib skirt since the baby shouldn't come in direct contact with it anyway.) The crib skirt description does say it has been "gently used" so I figure that it may have been washed a time or two. I am wondering if it will have faded and if it would no longer match the new bumper pad I am considering. Any personal experiences would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Default RE: Does Pottery Barn bedding fade?

I've washed mine twice, and it hasn't faded. However, be aware that PB bedding does wrinkle - a lot in my experience! I called their customer service, and they said they don't use the chemical to keep it from wrinkling, so that's the problem. They recommended washing it alone, and removing it from the dryer immediately. Which I did - I even have a Wrinkle Release on my dryer - it didn't help. I have to iron it every time I wash it. Just something to think about.

Jennifer

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

you'll be washing it a lot less than the sheets and even bumper pad, so if it is a little faded the rest of the bedding will probably catch up.

shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

jhorton Guest

Nope. I've had mine for a year, although it started out with the faded look (Chambray) in the first place, but it is wrinkly. I don't think my son cares though! :)The price is pretty good too.

Jennifer Horton
    Zach's Mom 08/16/01

parkersmama Guest

We have a single bed PBK quilt that has been washed multiple times and still looks new...no fading. I also have crib bedding that doesn't appear to have faded but it's only been washed two or three times so far.

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't have a lot of fading but like the previous posts, it wrinkles more than I thought it would. I washed the duvet cover alone and it wrinkled horribly. I hate ironing sheets! Anybody have any suggestions on how they get it to look the least bit presentable without ironing? Does cold or warm water make the difference? I do take it right out of the dryer. It did not make a difference.

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the blue and white gingham sheets and dust ruffle and after a year of using them the sheets are still the same color as the dust ruffle.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02