Thread: toddler pillow

colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default toddler pillow

Julia really needs a pillow at night. I know they are not supposed to be used in cribs, but I think she is old enough to handle it now. Does anyone know where I can find one? I've seen the One Step Ahead pillows, but I was wondering if there are any others out there, just to compare. Thanks!

Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: toddler pillow

I got Sarah one from Pottery Barn. The Company Store has them too. They are called the "small" pillow or decorator size pillow.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My son sleeps on his crib mattress on the floor with a bed rail (GASP!), I don't know if that makes a difference as to whether or not you should have one, but what I did was get a regular pillow, cut it in half (or slightly bigger than half) remove all of the stuffing, sew it back together and restuff with about 25% of the stuffing.
    It's a perfect size and now I have tons of stuffing for making decorative pillows.

Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

I bought DD (23 mos) a toddler pillow from OSA. It's cute, but I wasnt' too impressed by it. I thought it would be a lot thinner than a regular pillow, but it seems about the same thickness (I was concerned about her neck). Plus she's such a mover when she sleeps, I don't know how long she'd last on it, so I may return it. I was going to get one at Pottery Barn Kids, so I don't know if they are thin. I may just go look at regular pillows and find the thinnest I can..

Stephanie
    Sophia 8/4/01
    Anthony 5/11/03

Kimberly H Guest

What about the traveler pillows you can get at Wal*Mart? They're about 1/4 size.

colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well, we got the OSA pillow, and she hates it! She throws it out onto the floor every night, so I guess she doesn't really need one. Oh, well!

Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I ended up getting the REI travel pillow for Colin. I know it's the same demensions as OSA and looks to be the same thickness. He'll sleep on it occassionally, but when he does, he uses it more as a body pillow than a regular pillow. :)

Colleen, cute new picture!

I am very late to this discussion just wanted to add we got a Pottery Barn one based on Beth's recommendations, and Noelle loves it. She didn't like it at first and it isn't always buy her head but she would notice if it wasn't in her crib!

Mary
    Mom to Noelle 9/24/01 and #2 another girl 9/7/03

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The Company Store Catalog makes a great travel pillow which is the perfect size for a toddler. I used it for my first daughter 12 years ago and now will be using it for my 2 year old.