wallacebaby Guest

Default Velour Animals Nursery quilted bedding by Pottery Barn??

HI! I am wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of the pottery barn kids bedding, I am interested in particular in the animals collection. My husband and I are wanting to do a jungle/animal theme room. I am torn between the Pottery Barn bedding and the Sleeping Partners Zoo Crew bedding. I definitely like the PBK better, but wonder about the quality. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Here is the pottery barn link:
    http://ww2.potterybarnkids.com/cat/p...Y%7Cf5100%7Cp1

Here is a link to the Sleeping partners bedding:
    http://www.nurserydepot.com/cribbedd...2=598-0-0-0-0&

:7

KMommie Guest

Default RE: Velour Animals Nursery quilted bedding by Pottery Barn??

I have the PB Velour Animals Nursery bedding--- well, I have parts of it. I have the crib bumper, and PB sheets and crib skirt. I'd love to get the matching lampshade! I think it's so cute!

I've found the quality to be just fine. Although, I put an Ultimate Crib Saver on top of the sheets, so they really don't get much wear, except in the wash. I've washed the sheets several times, and they kept their size and are in good shape. The crib bumper I stopped using after a month, just out of laziness, I didn't like to wash it and tie it back onto the crib whenever I washed or changed the sheets. Also, I love to peek in and watch DD sleep. The bumper would sometimes get in the way of my view! :)

The Sleeping Partners bedding looks really cute too, though. I can't compare the two on quality, since I've never heard of that brand.

Jeannie
    mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the Pottery Barn Fish bedding and I've found that everything seems to hold up well...no fading or shrinking when washed (although we also use an Ultimate Crib Sheet on top, so the sheets get little direct wear)

Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Bmore Mom Guest

We have the entire PBK velour animals quilted bedding collection (even the round rug and valances...perhaps we got carried away! :) I have not used the flannel sheets; rather, we are using coordinating gingham sheets while the weather is warm. We have not washed the bumper (no need to as of yet), but we have washed the sheets a good bit (we've got a drooler on our hands!). The sheets have held up quite well. I would recommend them.

My only beef is with the bumper: b/c it is thin (not thickly stuffed like more expensive brands), it tends to scrunch down a bit. This means we have to re-tie it every so often to make it stay up.

Edition: I should have noted that my son adores looking at the animals on the bumper. I didn't want a thick one b/c I, too, was afraid it would be a suffocation hazard. Having to re-tie the bumper is not such a pain that I regret purchasing the bumper (I actually really like it). In other words, I would still recommend it to you!

Also, for what it is worth, the rug piles like a dickens. I didn't expect that, but as a result, I can't say I would highly recommend it to anyone else (it is really cute, though, so I don't really regret the purchase, either).

Lastly, we hung the quilt and placed it behind/next to our glider. My son LOVES to look at it after nursing. I would, therefore, recommend the quilt, too.

Good luck with your decision!

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the bunnies stuff from PBK and I love it. No fading on sheets which are washed often the quilt I have hanging on wall and the bumpers I did not use that long, but I liked them. I more padded ones seemed too puffy to me.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02
    Andrea

DS 8/02
    DS 3/06
    and baby girl 5/08

JenCA Guest

We have the Julia crib collection (bumper/toddler quilt/crib skirt) and gingham crib sheets and are pleased with the quality. I have washed and dried all of the items with no fading, running, bunching, etc. Good stuff!

zoesmom Guest

We have a pottery barn bumper, and I really like how thin it is. Zoe moves around quite a bit when she sleeps, and this has helped her from banging her head on the crib slats. We tried removing it when she was around 3 months old, but she didn't sleep well without it, so back in it went. It seems like it is much less of a suffocation hazard than some of the really padded ones. Now that Zoe is walking/standing/trying to climb (yikes), it squishes down easily so she can't use it as a prop to help her climb out of the crib. The "squishiness" does make it look a little sloppy, but that's the trade off.

I put a lot of effort into her nursery before she was born, and now that she's here, I just want it to be a safe, happy place for her, KWIM? Smushy bumper pad doesn't bother me:)