Default Changing sheet with bumper...

My DH ust changed the sheet for the first time and broke the bumper! He lifted the mattress out to put the sheet on and when he pushed the mattress down it pulled on the bumper as it was trying to pass and ripped off the tie. Do I need to take the darn bumper off when I change the sheet? What a pain!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Changing sheet with bumper...

Um, yes, we have to take the bumper pad off to change the sheet. That's why I hate doing it (and usually have DH do it).

Yes, it is a huge pain, and a good reason not to have bumper pads (wish I had thought about it before Colin got hooked on snuggling with his bumper pad)!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, this is why I love the Ultimate Crib Sheet!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mharling Guest

A trick I learned here is to put multiple sheets on the crib at once. On ds's crib (in bottom to top order) we have a regular mattress pad, sheet, flat mattress pad, sheet, flat mattress pad, sheet, sheet saver.

Most of the time, we just need to change the sheet saver. When we need to change a sheet, I just undo a couple of the bumper ties on the front side, lift the mattress up slightly and grab hold of the sheet from underneath. Just work around the edge pulling the sheet and then remove the flat mattress pad. Voila! A new sheet and mattress pad are ready to go. You can go a LONG time without making the bed again with all the layers.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b3237413c427 - New 6/18