PattiB Guest

Default uses for a comforter?

This may be a stupid question but what does one use a comforter for?

All of the sets come with beautiful comforters but what do you do with them since they can't go in baby's crib?

I'm beginning to think we shouldn't bother with a set although they finish the room so nicely since we're not supposed to use the comforter or bumper.

Thanks!

amp Guest

Default RE: uses for a comforter?

We decided against purchasing a set for this very reason. They are quite expensive and we knew we couldn't/wouldn't use a comforter or a bumper. We haven't missed either. We do have a quilt that MIL made for DS that hangs on a quilt rack/shelf on the wall and it looks beautiful as part of the decor. The other advantage to not buying a set is that we use about 3 different sheets/designs and none of it has to *match* the rest of the bedding...the colors just complement one another and stay within my color scheme. We do have a crib skirt and valance that match, but MIL made those too.

HTH.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We skipped the "set" and haven't missed it for a minute - our sheets are much nicer than what comes in most sets, and we don't have useless bedding laying around collecting dust. Plus, it was nice having that extra money to spend elsewhere!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also didn't get a set. I just got a crib skirt and sheets from a set that I liked, but bought them separately. Saved a lot of money that way on the bumper and comforter which I would not have used.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

spencersmommy Guest

Hi, we bought a nursery set from Pottery Barn and hung the quilt on the wall behind the crib with star quilt clips. It looks great! So we used ours for decoration. When DS is older, I'll let him use it as a special blanket. I thought it might make a nice keepsake for the future.
    Amy
    Mommy to Spencer born 6-4-03

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We did the same thing. I loved the quilt so I wanted to use it somewhere.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02
    Andrea

DS 8/02
    DS 3/06
    and baby girl 5/08

I hung mine over the dresser (which is the changing table). It gave something for Alia to look at while I changed her and now that she's older she plays peek-a-boo with it. I didn't hang it over the crib because I was worried she would pull it down on top of her when she got older...

Michelle