sheris Guest

Default Sweet Kyla bedding?

Has anyone heard of/purchased crib bedding from a Canadian company called Sweet Kyla? I feel in love with a set with dragonflies & ladiebugs on it, but can't find any feedback on the company.

Thanks,
    Sheri

Beshi4812 Guest

Default RE: Sweet Kyla bedding?

Sheri,

I posted the same question back in June or July and never got any responses, so I don't think many people know about them. After seeing and feeling the Lilypond bedding at USA Baby Child Space, we fell in love with it and just took a leap of faith and ordered it. I found it much cheaper on-line and ordered through a Canadian Company called Taylor's nursery at http://www.taylorsbabyfurniture.com/. They had the set in stock except for the valence which they had to order, so it took about 6 weeks to get the entire order. There was no sales tax and no charge for shipping. Anyway, I LOVE the way it looks in the room. In case you've just seen the set on the internet, the sheets are the softest of any of the baby bedding sets we considered. AND, if this isn't enough of a ringing endorsement, the customer service at both Taylor's Nursery and Sweet Kyla are fabulous. We had ordered the panel valence which is supposed to be 106 inches, but the one that we received was 101 inches and our window was 104 inches. I contacted both Taylor's Nursery and Sweet Kyla directly and both offered to send me a new valance free of charge and keep the old one too. The new valance was mailed out to me immediately.

I hope this posting reaches you in time since this bedding is so spectacular.

Jill

sheris Guest

Thanks Jill!

We actually went ahead and bought the 4 piece crib set after I saw it at USA Baby, and ordered the ascot (short) valances. Before hearing about Taylor's I found the bedding at a store on Long Island near my parents where it was MUCH cheaper than USA Baby - a $90 difference in the crib set alone! Taylor's prices are similar, which is good to know if I want to order more stuff in the future and not make the 2+ hour trip to the store on Long Island.

How did you decorate the room? We're thinking of doing a chair rail type thing in the middle of the wall, with a pale green on the bottom of the walls and a creamy color on top. I may even get bold and paint the rail itself a washed-out brick color, to match the ladybugs. I too absolutely fell in love with the set and am very excited about pulling the room together!

Thanks,
    Sheri

Beshi4812 Guest

Sheri,

I'm so glad you got it! My husband has just begun decorating the nursery. The room itself is already a dark, offwhite color which we are leaving. We have a sofa in the nursery with flowers on it (the red and green in the baby bedding was a perfect match), so what Marc decided to do was continue the flower pattern onto the wall above the sofa (he is artistic) and we are painting that the same colors as the sofa. He's added some bees around the flowers and then throughout the room plans to sketch and paint a few butterflies, caterpillars and of course dragonflies and lady bugs. Because our walls are textured, we couldn't do a wallpaper border, so what Marc is doing is basically painting a border to mirror the crib bumper and he made stamps of lady bugs and dragonflies to put over a line of the green.

I love your plans for the nursery too.

Jill

sheris Guest

Wow, what I wouldn't do to have either Jon or I be artistic!! Sounds fantastic!! I definitely want to add more "bugs" to the room but haven't figured out how yet. I did see some really nice handpainted ladybugs and dragonflies for the walls, and at the USA baby near me, there's an artist who makes/paints lamps and mirrors to match bedding sets. The mirror that he does to match this set is adorable, but I'm not sure if I really want to fork over $170 for a mirror that's about 2' x 3'.

So when are you due? Is this your first? Baby #1 is coming 12/13 - only 3 more months!!

Feel free to email me at [email protected].

Take care,
    Sheri