micheller Guest

Default Floral bedding for twin girl & boys room ?

I am new to this group but have reading messages and find the information here helpful. I am expecting twins, a boy and girl, and I'm having a really hard time with the decor. I seem to love all the floral designs over the unisex stuff. I fell in love with this one from Cotton Tale and would love some opinions on whether this is too feminine for a baby boy. Having no experience with children I don't know how long they will stay in the same room or at what age the boy might decide he hates the flowers.

http://www.cottontaledesigns.com/cat...devonshire.htm

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Floral bedding for twin girl & boys room ?

I am a non-traditionalist when it comes to color/design and the genders. That is, I try not to gender stereotype at such a young age, we all get it soon enough. Anyway, I do like the bedding and think it would work perfectly for girl/boy twins. It's crisp, clean and bright and not too busy. I think if it something that you have fallen in love with then that is what is important.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

mom2kandj Guest

Toile coordinates well with stripes and also checks. If I was using it for boy/girl twins, I'd lean toward the solid colors with the toile, stripes, and checks as accents. You could also look for a toile that wasn't as flowery and more countryside. They even have toiles that feature children and child scenes. If you have a good seamstress, you might want to have the linens made for you so that you can get the look without too many flowers. If you did go custom, your choices in colors is better also. If I needed to put my kids together, I'd be looking at a red, navy, or green toile.

BTW - Custom doesn't always mean expensive. I do my own sewing and can get some beautiful fabrics for not a lot of $$. We also did the paint and murals in our kids' rooms for 10% of what a decorator would charge! Also, unlike most people who will decorate a child's room and hold that design for 5-8 years, we expect to update our kids' rooms about every 4 years. Having spent about $1500 (including the bunk bed set, crib, and mattresses which will not be replaced any time soon)on the two rooms, we think that our true decorating investment of about $500 is a bargain! Take a look at our decorating on a budget pics! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 katie (33 months)
    & Jack (16 months)

micheller Guest

Thanks for your input! Toile was actually my second choice. I decided to go ahead and get the design I like the best and not worry so much. I don't have a clue what my room looked like as an infant!

Thanks again!