Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    nitaghei Guest

Default RE: Need inspiration for neutral nursery look, crib bedding

Hi!

We did the same thing!

We went with dogs - which I would do anyway. I'm *just* a tad dog-crazy. We have a dog wallpaper border, and watercolors in my chosen breeds as well as a dog lamp. I went with plain bedding and natural beech furniture, though, because the room is tiny.

Another option is a clestial theme - stars and moon. I love this look - and it's something that could easily grow with the baby.

An alphabet theme is a possibility - there are some really cute alphabet cards that one could frame. And there are great options for wallpaper and bedding.

I'm sure you'll get more suggestions from the very talented people here. Do check out some the previous threads about nursery decorations.

HTH

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

amp Guest

We didn't really go with a theme. We painted the walls 2 neutral beigy colors (think mocha and cream), divided by a white chair rail. The valance was blue gingham check, as was the crib skirt. No bumpers. Quilt was handmade by MIL in yellow and blue. Sheets were a variety...yellow, blue, animals, etc. White and blue lamp with stars, and stars on the wall. White furniture. Pretty cute, but not very imaginative. Worked well for us.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well...we actually want to find out the baby's sex, but as of yesterday, he or she does not seem to want us to know...if we don't find out at our quickie gender check in a few weeks...we're going to go ahead with a gender neutral nursery too :)

These are some of the ideas we have so far...

http://www.poshtots.com/pt/catalog/p...roduct_id=2743

http://www.poshtots.com/pt/catalog/p...roduct_id=1722

http://www.poshtots.com/pt/catalog/p...roduct_id=2290

http://www.poshtots.com/pt/catalog/p...roduct_id=3103

http://www.babybox.com/camcribbedco.html

I'm getting lost in all of this :)
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

You may want to check out Pottery Barn Kids and Land of Nod. A lot of their bedding is very neutral. You could go with a theme (we chose the Velour Animals Bedding from PB Kids, although we know we're having a boy, but I still think it could work for either) or choose just simple colors and patters (their ric-rac bedding and gingham bedding is adorable).

As for painting, we chose to paint the room a total of 4 colors, but primarily 2 with accents of 2 others (all pretty neutral). If you like yellow, there is an AWESOME color called Applesauce by either Glidden or Behr that is delicious. The PB Kids catalog provides nice inspiration for simple, graphic painting techniques also.

Good luck and have fun!

P.S. I too love Moons and Stars, and PB Kids has a very nice celestial theme.

Joshuasmommy Guest

We didn't find out the sex either so I painted the walls a pale yellow and the ceiling sky blue with white clouds. My mom made a quilt with duckies on it and we bought a few accessories with duckies but nothing permanent so we can change it to be more boyish since we had a boy as he gets a little older.

strike71 Guest

we also did not find out the sex and got PBK Jungle Animals bedding.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our baby is being shy too, we couldn't find out the gender at the last ultrasound -- maybe we'll find out at the next one.

Even though I want to have a boy or girl feeling, a lot of the stuff we purchase will probably be neutral so it could be re-used for future babies. I like the PBK velour animals, but will probably do something less expensive. Will definitely get a yellow, green or white fleecebaby sheet, and a yellow, green or white changing pad cover.

KBecks

jodi b Guest

I like children's literature so I considered several different children's book themes for our nursery, but I knew we had a winner when my husband told me he had a set of toddler dishes his grandmother painted for him using Beatrix Potter characters.

We'll display the dishes and my (er, the baby's, I mean) Beatrix Potter books, frame some Beatrix Potter prints, and use other Beatrix Potter accents.

Our nursery already had beautiful white eyelet curtains when we bought the house. We're going to use a white eyelet bedskirt and white sheets. The furniture has a natural finish. The walls will be painted a light to medium toned blue. (The selection of the 'perfect' shade of blue is a critical topic in our house right now!)

There are SO many children's picture books out there that would make great nursery themes! A lot of books have illustrations that would be easy to tranfer to a mural. Another option would be to buy an extra copy of the book to pull pages out of to mat and frame.

Happy baby-planning!

Here's what we went with. We originally chose this design and the barnyard theme when my son was being shy for the camera(s). Our thought was that it was neutral, or could be made more boyish or girlish with some minor tweaks and accessories.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9257.jpg
    Cathleen
    Mom to DS 8, DD 5 and a Greyhound Princess

writeleigh Guest

We didn't find out either. We did an Ark theme - there was this beautiful quilt I fell in love with. It is a very neutral set and I can reuse it. The colors are rich - rich browns, turqoise, yellow, etc.

Leigh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast