Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default RE: Is it worth buying a bumper?

I used one with Miriam, but will not with Gabriel (he's in a bassinet in our room still). One day during her nap, Miriam started screaming hysterically. When I went in, she had pushed herself to the head of the crib, and got her head stuck behind the bumper. Stupidly, I thought it was a fluke one-time thing, and left her bumper in. After it happened a second time, I took it out. Occasionally she would have a leg or arm hanging out of the slats, but she never hurt herself. They pull them back in themselves at some point.

Just my experience. I know a lot of people use them and never have a problem.

Sheila
    Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03 and
    Gabriel, 12/30/04

Logan is 7 months old and has been sleeping without a bumper until now. He got his leg stuck twice last week and woke up screaming, so I ordered the mesh breathable bumper and it should be arriving today. Target has them with colored trim now so I got the one with sage green trim to match the nursery. We'll see how it goes!
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

paigepea Guest

we won't be buying the bumper pads to go with our set. my husband is a pediatrician and he has seen enough problems / researched about increased risk of death with bumpers that we won't go near them. even attached correctly and tied at the top and the bottom, these pose a risk.

paige.

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Our DD is almost 17 months old and we've used a bumper since she was 3 months old and went into her crib. We've NEVER had any problems. HTHs

duesept05 Guest

I'm glad I found this post - I was wondering the exact same thing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3