ac2001 Guest

Default questions about crib bedding, help!

Hi,
    I'm trying to find a nice crib set (new) at a decent price. I've been to Baby USA and their prices were very high. Seems like Baby Depot is a little more reasonable but still sort of up there. Haven't priced Babies R Us yet, how are their prices? What is the best way to go about this mission of mine??? buy online?? if so, any recommendations would be very helpful or did you buy yours at a local store? if so, which store??

Has anyone bought a set on EBay? Was that a good thing to do or do you advise against it??

What brands do you like on these sets??

Thank you all for your help!!!

Annie

Default RE: questions about crib bedding, help!

We decided not to buy a complete crib set, but I've seen really nice sets for great prices on www.overstock.com. That's where I would start if I were going to buy a complete crib set. I've ordered other things from overstock.com and have always been happy with their customer service and super cheap shipping rates.

Good luck!
    Jodi

ac2001 Guest

Thanks for the idea about using overstock.com , Jodi. I checked there and didn't find alot of bedding for boys, more girls i guess. I'll check back there though.

Does anyone have any other ideas on places for deals on bedding?? I really would appreciate the advice!!

Annie

wimama Guest

If you like the style at Pottery Barn Kids, they usually have different sets on clearance. I got my nursery bedding set on clearance there. I did have to get the matching rug and valances on Ebay though. I love the set and am glad I didn't pay full price for the stuff.

I don't know when you are due or how much time you have but you may want to keep checking with overstock.com. I bought my crib bedding from there and I'm very happy with it. They add new stuff from time to time. I've also heard good things about JcPenny and Target bedding in some of the lines.

We have a bedding set (Sorbet Splash) from amy coe's line at Target and are really happy with it! You have to buy the pieces separately but there are lots available (sheets, bumper, dust ruffle, curtains, pillow, blanket, rug - don't put pillows or blankets in the crib though :) ). The prices are very reasonable. HTH!

Allison