Default Clouds & Stars Quick Zip sheets - HELP!

I ordered these sheets because I fell in love with the concept. I'm having a problem though with the zipper in the corners. It's not the zipping part - it goes around just fine - it's that the zippered together part stands up on end there. Am I dong something wrong? Is this just the way they work?

Help!

Default RE: Clouds & Stars Quick Zip sheets - HELP!

You made me curious.
    I pulled a set of these out of my "getting ready for baby" closet and put them on my crib mattress to check it out.

The zippers do stick up in the corners.
    You *can* (if you want) pop the zippers under the seams in the corners so they lie flat...
    but then the seams on the top sheet stick up a little! :P

I don't think it will matter either way, just go with what you prefer.
    I'm also thinking that the seams might relax a little after washing?

I'm hoping someone who has actually *used* the sheets for awhile can help you more!

Do you have them pulled on tightly over the mattress? Maybe it's too tight or not tight enough? Play around with it a little to see if that helps. I have found that the squared edge stands up a little, but not really the zipper. It's so far in the corner, that it doesn't really affect anything in DD's crib, so I never really noticed.

FWIW, I love these sheets. During the cooler months, I have used a fleece sheet on DD's bed. I hate changing it and I am actually looking forward to the warmer nights so we can go back to our Quick Zip sheets.

Thanks you guys. I'm going to try washing them and then messing around with them on the mattress a little more.

I had to mail order my crib bumper & quilt so I haven't put it all in the bed together yet. I'm kinda hoping the bumper will take up enough space to make all of this a moot point. I wanted to add that I think they make these with a flannel top sheet too.

At any rate, the sticking up part doesn't bother me enough to not like these sheets. I'm still in love with the concept. I just thought maybe someone knew of a trick I was missing.

Thanks again!

I wasn't sure if you were going to use a bumper, so I didn't mention it. DD's bumper completely covers the corners of the sheet, so they are hidden anyway. However, I wouldn't use a quilt until your DC is older. DD is 14 months and very mobile. I still don't use blankets or quilts with her. Didn't know if yours was just for decoration or not, so I thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks so much. We're not planning on actually using the quilt until our DC is old enough, but it matched the bumper so nicely I didn't want to regret not buying "the set" in the first place. Does that make sense or are my pregnancy hormones making me all loopy again? Hee hee!

It may be the hormones, but we all do those things - lol! I bought "the set" and the quilt is still on the shelf in DD's closet. I hope to either hang it on the wall someday or maybe she will actually use it when she is older, along with all the coordinating blankets I bought when I was pregnant!