cpapay is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default How to hang a quilt? PBK Quilt Clips??

Hello all!

I am struggling with how to hang a quilt in my DD's room. I'm not a huge fan of the traditional shelf w/bar format for hanging a quilt. I noticed that PBK has quilt clips that may be a good solution. Has anyone used these? Are they worth $30???

Here is a link to the PPK quilt clips for reference:

http://ww2.potterybarnkids.com//cat/...p176&cmsrc=kwd

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated!!!

carrie

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: How to hang a quilt? PBK Quilt Clips??

Quilt clips are great, but don't have to be $30. Try your local craft store (Michael's, AC Moore, JoAnne Fabrics) to see if they have any; often they are unfinished wood that you can paint to match the quilt. We had a pair that we got at Wal-Mart in the baby decor aisle, but I don't know if they are still available there. It was about $10-12 for the pair.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

We got some cheaper ones at BRU. They are OK but I prefer the cafe bar (window treatment bar) that I have a different quilt on.

With clips

cafe bar

pl71 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I sewed a ribbon loop at each top corner of the quilt, then used a pair of 3M hooks to hang it from. The hooks aren't visible at all since my quilt has a ruffle edge, but if you had a quilt without a ruffle, you could set the loops in about 4 inches from the quilt's corner to hide the hooks. Here's the hooks:
    http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...g=true&An=text

It cost me about $5 total. The hardest part was making sure the hooks were in the right place, they have to be as far apart as possible so you can just barely get the loops into the hooks, or the quilt will sag. I really like how it looks, the quilt is just there with no visible hanging method. I also like that it's easy to remove the hooks when I'm done with the quilt, they don't damage walls.

I asked this very question last summer:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...1413&mode=full

I wound up getting inexpensive quilt hangers from Michaels. They are plain wood; I didn't finish or paint them, but might do some later this year. I think I would have liked clips a bit better (would have been easier to hang up and take down the quilt), but they look pretty good and have held the quilt up just fine.
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

AddiesMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree that $30 is crazy to spend on them, but I broke down and bought them. They work great and I don't regret it :)

- Michelle

Addison 11/9/05

Go Red Sox!

cpapay is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks for all your help! I still haven't decided what i'm going to do...but I know I need to do something soon!!!

I love the clean look of the PBK quilt clips...so I may just cave and purchase them.

carrie