Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CarolynBe Guest

Default Best/Favorite Baby Clothes - a poll

Just wondering which brands of baby clothes you have found to be the most durable. Nothinng makes me madder than having a snap pop off an outfit.

My favorites:

Gymboree - My #1 favorite. I think the clothes are very high quality and durable. They always have a stuff on sale and I usually get the clothes at least 30-50% off.

Old Navy - Very low prices and haven't had any outfits tear or lose a snap. My favorite place for socks, jeans, and sweat pants.

Carters - Good for pajamas and low price, cute outfits at the outlet.

Osh Kosh - Good quality but expensive and hard to find on sale

Baby Gap - Good quality but expensive and hard to get good stuff on sale. The sale rack is always picked over and full of the weird looking clothes.

My least favorite brand - Baby Togs. My mother-in-law buys this brand for us. I've had numerous outfits tear and lose snaps. I finally told her to stop buying it.

Carolyn

dave Guest

Default RE: Best/Favorite Baby Clothes - a poll

We've just started going to Children's Place, which has great looking clothes that are well made. Their spring colors are really fun too.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-01 AT 03:52PM (Mountain)[/font][p]We'll add one in---we like Cosco for pajamas! 100% cotton for just $10. Very cute patterns.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    BABY BARGAINS

My favorites are: Lands End, Osh Kosh, Baby GAP, Old Navy & Cildren's Place. Those are about the only brands I buy for my son. I've received several gifts of other brands and have had trouble with snaps coming off, etc.

I find a lot of Osh Kosh clothing on clearance at the Department Stores (Sears, JC Penny, Rich's, Lord & Taylor) and I always try to buy at the end of the season and put things away for next year.

Sarah....

JakesMom Guest

1. BabyGap -- the most durable, least shrinkage, etc. I bought some tee-rompers last year (6-12 month size) and my son actually wore them for nearly six months while he outgrew everything else.

2. Marshall Fields, Field Gear brand -- if you can get them, they have some great basics.

3. Old Navy -- not as good about shrinkage as their big brother BabyGap, but inexpensive and cute.

I had a ton of Carters stuff, but most of it shrinks so fast baby can only wear it a few times. I like the Childrens Place clothes too, but not everything -- their jackets, bunting and fleecy footie pajamas are terrific, but their shirts shrink fast, have tight head holes, and their stretchies are oddly shaped (too long and skinny).

My suggestion would be to find a Gap outlet store and watch their online sale selection -- they do mark a ton of stuff down. I get all of my son's jeans, overalls and tees from BG, and they're really great.

- Jodi

angusmom Guest

Anyone have comments on the Little Me brand? I see them advertise in the magazines all the time and their clothes seem real good quality and very fashionable. They have them at Baby Depot but I haven't tried any yet. Opinions?

swmc Guest

I really like the Little Me clothes! I have only used them for a short time.. as my daughter is only 3 months old, but they are seem great.

thomcatbob Guest

We like Carters and Little Me. One of the Little Me sleepers we received as a gift zips up the front rather than snaps. My husband wants us to get more of these since they're so much easier than snaps!

joodyjr Guest

I just wanted to offer a friendly note of advice to parents for when baby gets big enough for shoes....
    Please do not use the socks with the little grippers on the bottom when putting shoes on baby! The grippers "grip" as soon as the foot is placed in the shoe and baby's toes get really scrunched up in the shoe.
    I myself never even thought of such a thing until I started working in a shoe store and heard the owner passing the advice on to his customers.

joodyjr Guest

I just wanted to offer a friendly note of advice to parents for when baby gets big enough for shoes....
    Please do not use the socks with the little grippers on the bottom when putting shoes on baby! The grippers "grip" as soon as the foot is placed in the shoe and baby's toes get really scrunched up in the shoe.
    I myself never even thought of such a thing until I started working in a shoe store and heard the owner passing the advice on to his customers.

By the way, I love Old Navy and Little Me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast