Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Best/Favorite Baby Clothes - a poll

I love Baby Gap. The clothes are high quality, classic, and durable. Gymboree tends to shrink and side seams twist. The Leggings for girls always ends up too short. I guess we could use them as capris! The department stores never have a great selection. I also love Hanna Andersson. These clothes are pricey but indestructable and hand me downable!
    Mama to three girls

lesliehagan Guest

Great poll!

My favorites:

Gymboree - Cute styles, great quality. The leggings do run small, and their shorts run large (go figure!), but once I figured that out I've been able to outfit my daughter with clothes that will fit for 6-8 months at a time. I buy 2 pairs of leggings to go with each top, one to fit now and one to fit in a few months. Plus a lot of their collections coordinate with one another, so it is easy to find sale items that will go with clothes you already have. My daughter lives in Gymboree!

Carters - For pajamas, socks and undershirts they can't be beat!

Carriage Boutiques - I've only had a few outfits from this department store brand, but they've been high-quality dressy clothes that wash and wear well.

Baby Gap - Their higher priced items are high quality, some of the lower priced items aren't. I think a lot of the styles are too "grown up" for babies, and don't look right on baby bodies, but when Gap gets it right the kids look adorable! Their denim basics (jeans, overalls, jumper dresses, etc.) are some of the best buys out there.

Lands' End - Really cute clothes, great quality, looks like Hanna Andersson, but cheaper.

McBaby - For the first 6 months of her life my daughter wore lots of McBaby onesies. The soft, thick cotton, colorful prints, and easy snap up fronts really impressed me. We used them as summer jammies. I'm sorry I can't find them in 18 month sizes now. We also had some McBaby romper outfits and they were all quality items and were very cute! I'd say of the bargain brands, McBaby is my favorite.

Mother Maid - Boutique brand with some over-the-top styles (maribou!), but their more simple outfits are really cute.

jiujiu Guest

I'll add a few of my faves...

First off, I rarely buy anything with a collar. They get in the way.

Zutano-very soft but they RUN SMALL. Just be aware of this when purchasing. Anyway, the little separates are wonderful for newborns. BUT BUY BIG (I can't emphasize that enough!!)

Healthtex-Great little basics.

I've had good luck with some of "The Kids Store" (TKS) items from Sears. You just have to look over the garment really well before you buy it. But if you're careful, you can get some good deals. I got some knit shorts and a little tank top with ties on the side that are really comfortable for my little girl.

Fresh Produce-Great high color sundresses, tshirts, and shorts.

Baby Baubles - Not a common brand around here but I like what I've found.

Stamp - cute "high color" stuff.

I like the Friemanit/Glynne Percy cotton pajamas I've bought at Baby Depot.

And like everybody else, I like Gymboree, Old Navy, Baby Gap, and Land's End.

Jennifer

opus Guest

Default Fresh Produce (Baby Clothing) web site ???

Where can I find the Fresh Produce baby clothing web site? Do they sell direct? If not, what's the best place to shop for Fresh Produce baby clothing items? Thanks.

kicksmom Guest

Default RE: Fresh Produce (Baby Clothing) web site ???

I, like you, *love* Fresh Produce. The clothes wash really well, don't shrink, and the colors are a blast! Obviously, if you live in Florida, they're all over. I bought mine in Sanibel. However, I was in Von Maur dept. store the other day and noticed that they sell Fresh Produce also, infants and ladies too. They don't have near the selection you're going to find at a FP store, but they did have quite a few outfits. I haven't seen them anywhere else, but if you find out, please post it! :>

mom@home Guest

Default RE: Fresh Produce (Baby Clothing) web site ???

I also love Fresh Produce and have seen them in Nordstrom's. Another one of my favorite brands is Mullberribush. For dressy/nicer clothes, I love Baby Lulu for my little girl.

rebwal Guest

My favorite brands are Old Navy and Baby Gap. I found that since my daughter at 6 months is very long and lean, I'm having a hard time finding clothes that fit that body type. Old Navy and Baby Gap tend to run long (she's still wearing a 3-6 month Baby Gap outfit, but wearing 6-9 everything else) I absolutely love leggings and bought a slew of them at oldnavy.com for $2...can't beat that!

I also like Children's place, but I find that they run small for my daughter's body style.

Can't beat Gymboree for their receiving blankets.

I agree with the Fields. Cosco has wonderful sleepers...especially since my daughter hates things on her feet, and most of their stuff is footless, which is very hard to find.

E&E Guest

I really like The Children's Place, but lately they seem to have a few too many "hoochie" clothes for little girls. I'm one who likes my little girl to look like a little girl, not Jennifer Lopez.

Baby Gap is nice and good quality but way overpriced for clothes they will grow out of in a minutte.

I think Carters is unbeatable for sleepers, onesies and rompers. The outlets have great prices.

I was very pleasently surprised w/ Mc Baby brand at Wal Mart. I actually like their snap front onesies BETTER than Carters. And very economical.

I like Gymboree, but find them pricey.

Little Me is great too.

For socks...It's Gap or Old Navy.

Old Navy for clothes is ok, the quality is not the greatest, but they'll probably outgrow the clothes before they start looking shabby anyway. The selection is very hit or miss too.

I really like Target's baby clothes. I get some adorable outfits for $10 or less and get more compliments on them than I do on my baby gap stuff!

Now I HATED Miniwear's onesies and pajamas...they were AWFUL.

kzallison Guest

I love Gymboree and, believe it or not, Target! They have little denim shorts for about $5 that last wash after wash and are really cute. For layette clothing, nobody beats Lands' End with their supremely soft, cotton knits that wear well and wash wonderfully. Their prices are very reasonable and the customer service is incredible! I can't say enough good things about them. By the way, they make great crib sheets and diaper bags, too.

elaine Guest

I've gotten terrific $4 onesies at Mervyn's from their Sprockets line. They have both pullover and the full snap front style, which I especially like.

I also like the clothes I've bought at Target - a very cute $10 dress, and the Lullaby Club onesies & blanket I got as gifts were some of the softest, most durable clothes I've found.

Hanna Andersson has great sunhats (but you have to remember to buy in spring!) and I also like the Land's End romper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast