Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    HeyHeyMama Guest

Default RE: Best/Favorite Baby Clothes - a poll

I'm a new mama-to-be, so I can't attest to clothing durablity, yet. But I wanted to share my observations on Target, Old Navy, Baby Gap and Gymboree's sales racks, which I have visited in the last week.

I don't want to load up on new clothes, as baby showers are soon and I'm getting numerous hand-me-downs. So to satisfy my nesting urges, I'm looking for "can't-beat-that" sales. Goal: The prices should be at a level where, if clothes are less-than-satisfactory, I won't lose sleep and I'll have learned what not to buy.

FYI: We're having a boy. My preference is for clothes that look boyish, not cutesy. I'm buying clothes that appear to have easy access to the diaper and have necklines that accomodate the baby's head.

Target - 2 onesies and a T-shirt for less than $2 ea. Too many items w/ tags missing or I would've got more...

Old Navy - With an extra 30% off clearance: one knit cap for $1.39 and a red, hooded jacket for $2.79 (we're having a winter baby). Very good looking items for infant boy. Too many items w/ tags missing...

Baby Gap - Single sales rack practically empty, mostly girl stuff. Was shocked at the regular prices; my child's wardrobe budget shouldn't exceed his parents! Didn't buy anything.

Gymboree - Tons of sales items, 30-70% off. But even w/ sale, prices were at Old Navy/Target full-price level. Lots of ugly Halloween-orange. Didn't qualify as "can't-beat-that" sale to me. Didn't buy anything.

Default RE: Best/Favorite Baby Clothes - a poll

I have an extremely active 15 month old. Here are some of my favorite brands:

- Osh Kosh - I shop the outlet stores and also dept. store clearance sales and usually save at least 70% off retail

- Gymboree - I bought a onesie at a thrift store before my son was born and got hooked on them. Again, I hold out as long as I can for a sale, and buy at the end of the season for next year

- Carters - love their 100% cotton PJs. Their other clothes are ok, not great, but not bad either

- Children's Place - some of their stuff is great, the rest is junk -- you kind of have to be careful with what you buy, I've found flaws and their clothes run small

- Old Navy - nice stuff for a good price, sometimes their shirts shrink or twist, but I didn't pay a fortune for it, so that's ok

- babyGAP - nice stuff, but pricey and hard to find on sale, especailly for little boys (they alwasy have a clearance rack of girl stuff)

- Seasame Street (from K-Mart) - I've had a few outfits from there and they were great, again I think it's kind of hit or miss, but I've had great luck

- Cherokee brand from Target, especailly their t-shirts and polo shirt onesies

Sarah

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3