swmc Guest

Default Bathing Suits - what are your experiences?

The stores already have bathing suits out and I am curious about your advice for buying. I have a daughter that will be 6 months in June and we want to splash around a little at the beach. I've seen "Little swimmer diapers", swimsuits with plastic lining, swimsuits without plastic lining. They all look so small. Any advice would be appreciated.

kicksmom Guest

Default RE: Bathing Suits - what are your experiences?

I recently bought a swimsuit for my 3 month old daughter. The tag said it was 12 month size--but they must be nuts. It fit her great--especailly since you have to fit it over the swimmie diaper (which are wonderful). I think if you buy just a regular swimsuit you will be fine. Kathleen's doesn't have any lining and it was perfect. Just stretch them out in the store to see how they'll look on. :> Good luck!

Geebee Guest

Stick with the disposable swim diapers and the regular swimsuits. With the disposable swim diapers, you don't need the swimsuits with plastic lining. And disposables are so much easier.

Where I live, most public pools require the disposible swim diapers.

I agree with the above post - try the swimsuit on your little one before pulling tags off. It is difficult to tell the sizes. Plus, it might be better to go up a size, because, as a friend pointed out, you probably don't want to buy two swimsuits in one summer (especially if you don't swim very often).

elaine Guest

Any reason she just can't go swimming in a onesie with the swim diapers?

Geebee Guest

No reason. Actually, I've seen babies with just the swim diaper only (usually male babies, though).

And the baby girl bathing suits are so cute.