peg Guest

Default Training Pants Recommendation?

Any parents of toddlers who can recommend a good brand of training pant? Also, how many should I buy? My daughter (23 months) has been doing very well for about 2 months, she stays dry a lot of the time and has been very good with bowel movements right before or after her nap. But she needs motivation to ask to use the potty so I want to try putting her in training pants like the books recommend. I'm considering the Kooshies brand, which supposedly is highly recommended, but thought I'd check the Baby Bargains parents' opinions first. Also, with the Kooshies, do I also need rubber pants to go over them even though they say they are "waterproof"? The other brand I'm considering is the Natural Baby Catalog Nikky Training pant, but they are more expensive and i still don't know how many I should buy. Would love some feedback from the experienced parents out there!!! Thanks!

fellow_rover Guest

Default RE: Training Pants Recommendation?

I didn't use training pants with my near three year old. We used regular panties that she chose and a nylon pant to hold in accidents while she was at preschool. At night, we used Pull-ups for a couple of weeks but she quickly decided she liked the feeling of her "big girl" panties and night trained easily. The whole process was pretty well organized after 3 weeks.

If I were looking to buy training pants, I would have bought the basic Gerber ones. They look enough like real underpants to satisfy most kids and also give that all important sensation of wetness to the child to aid in the learning process. They also don't cost a fortune. I hope this helps!