Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sleep sacks

jojo2324 Guest

Default Sleep sacks

Hi there...just wondering if people used the fleece sleep sacks? I know that both Halo and Carter's make them, Carter's being much less. Does anyone worry about overheating? I don't know if I should dress him in a couple of layers and just use the normal sleep sack or the fleece. For some reason I feel like he should be cold before he's warm...I guess just worried about SIDS. TIA!

Magda Guest

Default RE: Sleep sacks

I've used the sleep sack from carters. I either put a tee shirt or nothing under it. I love it because the zipper makes night time diaper changes a snap(I lose all fine motor skills at 3 in the morning) and I don't want a blanket in the crib. Even if I did, DS moves so much that it wouldn't do any good.

Elaine

toniteach Guest

Joanne and all...please let me know what you decide to do. I'm going to get a Halo Sleep sack, but not sure whether to get it in fleece or flannel. Any suggestions?!?

TIA,
    Toni
    edd 12-7-02

jojo2324 Guest

I didn't realize they make them in flannel. I have only seen the fleece or treated cotton ones. I think that I am going to bite the bullet and get one Halo cotton one (We are still having some pretty warm and muggy nights.) and one fleece one from Carter's for the coming winter.

thorsmom Guest

I live in the Pacific NW and we use the HALO Fleece Sleep Sack and DS loves it. When it was warmer we would dress him in a little T'shirt and the sleepsack or just the sleepsack alone and now that it is a little colder we put him in a sleeper and the sleep sack and he doesn't seem to be too warm or too cold. I haven't tried the Carter's sleep sack.
    HTH

alexsharp Guest

I used the Halo Sleep Sack for my daughter last winter. We keep the house at approx 68 degrees at night and I would use a cotton sleeper and the lighter weight sleep sack - because it has no sleeves. I had the heavier sack and hardly used it - it just seemed too hot for our climate (DC area). But all in all I loved it.

caroliner Guest

I live in coastal San Diego and we have the cotton and fleece sleep sacks. We love them! It is part of Caroline's bed time routine to get in her "sleepy suit". I think the Carters ones have sleeves, so we did not want those as they seemed too warm for us. When it was warm, I would put her in a short sleeve onesie with the cotton sleep sack. Now, it is a little cooler and she is usually in a sleeper with the fleece sleep sack. She moves around way too much for me to feel comfortable with even a light blanket and they are really a great solution.

Are Halo sleep sacks available in a store? I asked at Babies R Us but they don't carry them. thanks.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have seen them in various specialty baby shops. You may want to call around.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

>Are Halo sleep sacks available in a store? I asked at
    >Babies R Us but they don't carry them. thanks.

They are in the One Step Ahead catalog. Online at [http://www.onestepahead.com]. Also online at BabyCenter [http://store.babycenter.com/search/s...ml?query=halo].

Colleen and Julia 1-10-02

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast