Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    DDowning is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: What's with the large appeal of Hanna Andersson?

Neosr, since you went to the Baby Expo that was in Anaheim this past weekend, I'm assuming that you are in Orange County. Hanna is opening a big store in Fashion Island, Newport Beach later this spring. You'll likely be able to touch and feel the clothing to get a better idea.
    Deidra

Mommy to
    DS (2003)
    DD (2005)
    Kelly's Kids Consultant

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What's a B&M store? I've seen this before and my mind always skips over it because I just don't know what it is...Thanks :)
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

momto2girls Guest

B&M stands for "bricks and mortar". A B&M store is an actual store you can walk into as opposed to a "virtual" store on the internet.

HTH!

Michelle

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks - I had a feeling it meant something along those lines, but couldn't put actual words to it!
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

tracey,

"Boutique (Baby Lulu, Indygo, etc. a lot of smocked, heirloom and "Southern" clothing...this is the largest category)."

does this mean these are the types of clothes you have more of? i'm curious if you could point me in the direction (online) of some of this stuff (good sites) where i could browse? any recommendations? i have seen a few baby lulu stuff and thought some of them to be really cute (albeit expensive) but cute for special occasions!

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

toomanystrollers Guest

Another consideration is the "Oko Tex" fabric certification used in some of the Hanna outfits:

"Öko-Tex is an ecological certification process that is widely known and highly respected throughout Europe. Certified products are especially non-irritating to the skin, which is wonderful for kids, people with allergies, and everybody! Beyond the fabric itself, every button, zipper and strand of thread must pass the exhaustive tests, and upgrades require cooperation from many different vendors. And Öko-Tex products must be retested often. Now that we have more certified products than ever, you'll see the words "Öko-Tex Standard 100" more and more. "

JenCA Guest

I can't really add anything of benefit because everyone else has already said all the things I would say regarding Hanna. The bottom line is that I don't mind shelling out $$$ for a quality product (whether it's clothing for my daughter, or the car that I drive, or furniture for my home--you get the picture).

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Were you at the Valley Fair store? My DH was in San Jose a few weeks ago, and I had him go to the Valley Fair store! He got several pieces there for DD in size 100 (which had been sold out on the website) for next year, and they were all really good deals. I guess it just depends on when you hit the store.

I also really like the Lands End dresses you mention, but honestly the Hanna quality is vastly superior. The LE quality is CERTAINLY good enough and a lot better than most, but the Hanna quality is really astounding.

I do plan to have at least one more child (maybe two) and am certainly buying for hand me down quality (although watch me have boys next!). My SIL is also currently TTC right now and I would love to be able to share my Hanna stuff with her too if she has a girl.

So I think you're definitely right and that you have to look at your own circumstances and decide if investing in Hanna is right for you.I also don't have a ton of Hanna, but I have 3-4 outfits in each size, and they are ALWAYS my fav things to put on her!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I'm on the West Coast, if you count Portland, OR. There is both a B&M store and an outlet here. Hanna is very popular in Portland. I love the look of the stuff, and my sister has stuff that made it easily through my 2 neices and one cousin's kid. I'll probably buy more Hanna when my kid to be gets bigger, like next winter or spring. But I agree, you buy what you like the looks of. I personally don't like clothes with names on them on the outside, like Tommy or Polo or Nike, even though lots of people think they are really cute. So, to each his or her own.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Tammy,
    Our daughters are only a couple of weeks apart. Yes! These clothes make up the majority of her closet. There is a local boutique that runs 2 for 1 sales at the end of every season and I stock up. Also, there is a twice a year Beaux et Belles sample sale that is held here in town. You wanna talk about some crazy women at those things...WOW...Cut throats. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite websites:
    www.babybundle.com
    www.forgetmenotkids.com
    www.achildscloset.com
    www.ragsland.com
    www.classictails.com
    www.princesspicklehead.com <----haven't ordered anything yet
    www.daydreamheirlooms.com <----three dresses from here...far from cheap, but gooooooorgeous!

Ok, now a LOT of her clothing comes NWT (new with tag) from ebay. For instance, she has this outfit http://www.achildscloset.com/index.a...DGROUP&ID=1068 that I bought nwt off of ebay for 27.99 plus cheap shipping. I think the original retail was around 60. Some other bargains that come to mind are a couple of 90 dollar each outfits that I paid 30 each for that are put away for next year. I picked up an Anavini bubble for 15.00 that still had the 72 dollar price tag on it. I recently got a linen capri outfit by Malley that I know runs about 60+ for something like 12 bucks. I got her some Marsha overalls that are between 80-90 dollars for less that 20 shipped! All these things were new with the tags on!!! I could go on and on about the bargains I've picked up. I have gotten some things that are not NWT but try to avoid it as it hits the trash if it isn't perfect, so it's a gamble. Here are a few favorite sellers.
    1_little_indian
    clothes4kidsnwt
    bambinikids
    duncan699
    shopbirdusa
    aclotheshorse

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast