Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Imperia Guest

Default RE: My tips on eBaying (LONG)

Thanks glad to help!

Actually, if it's Gymbo or another high end brand you can start listing fall items in a month or two. People start listing spring/summer stuff in january/february. Really hot gymbo lines you can sell pretty much anytime. YOu can take a look on ebay and see when people have started listing adn what their auctions are going for. The "Completed Auctions" feature someone mentioned previously (sorry, forget who! Maureen I think) is a great research tool for how much you can expect to make. It's important though to look up the same size items because larger sizes usually sell for more.

Let me know if you need more help!

Imperia

anutalp Guest

Imperia, thanks a lot for your tips.
    I'm really interested to look on your ebay auctions as an example.
    Please email me the link.
    Thanks,

heatherlynn is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Question about reselling clothes

What a great question!! I was just thinking about selling some of my daughter's things. I was wondering though what you all thought about selling to a consignment shop. I keep thinking about ebay, but it seems so complicated to me.

This board is awesome. I've been spending so much time here lately that my husband is ready to shut down the internet service! ;)

H-

i've sold most of my DDs' clothes to a consignment shop, rather than ebay. so far, i've done pretty well. i've kept the stuff that i really, really love and sold much of the rest. i like consignments--or resale shops--for much of what you describe. it's easier than ebay. i've done it with toys and supplies too--extra bottles, extra mobiles, extra bottlewarmers, etc.

and don't let DH cut your internet connection! :)

bamaw Guest

Is there a basic guide for how much to expect to receive/or sell good condition newborn thru 1st year items? Some of the lines I would have are:
    Gymboree
    Little Me
    Baby Gap
    Nannette
    Ralph Lauren

Should you judge based on a percentage of the original cost or is there a price per outfit?

Is there a different price expectation for
    onesies
    gowns
    sleepers?

I realize that some items are so cute that you just gotta have 'em regardless, but I'm just wondering if there is a rule of thumb.?
    Some of those lots can be huge and it's hard to know what to bid!

Imperia Guest

If you are talking about Ebay it varies tremendously on a bunch of factors: time of year, what "lines"/pieces you have, rarity, sizes, how you set up your auctions, your feedback etc. I wouldn't say there is a formula you could use for eBay at all. In general, you get less for small sizes than larger (toddler +) and Gymboree (if it's the right line in VERY good condition can bring a high amount), same with BG. Little me seems to do all right, but more so if it's NWTs. RL should do well. Nannette I don't think does so well on eBay. If you wan to sell these things on eBay you might wnat to do a little research and see which ones are selling well. I would separate out the big sellers to sell alone and perhaps make a lot or two of things that aren't as popular to sell together.

If you are talking about CS I would imagine that would depend on the CS. I assume they have their own pricing scales. We don't have a fancy CS in town (just a Once Upon a Child which gives you cash up front but it's almost NOTHING) so unless I want to go to to Tahoe and the fancy CS it's not worth it, and it's easier for me to eBay things (but I enjoy eBaying and it's like a hobby to me, some people find it A LOT of work). If you go to a true CS to sell you do not get your money until AFTER the item is sold, and the CS will take a cut. At some CSes you can set your own price for what you wish to ask for the item.

In general, dresses, rompers and matching sets (pants, top hat booties etc) sell for more than items like onesies and gowns or single unmatched items. Sleepers if in good condition can sometimes fetch a good price, but because of heavier wear usually not so much.

HTH

Imperia

what should be listing now on eBay? Summer clothes?

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

urbanmama Guest

Default Imperia!!!

Sorry to bring this post back, but I have a question and it seemed like the best place to ask.

Also, since there are so many ebay discussions right now, someone else might want to reread this (or read it for the first time if they missed it the first time like I did).

Imperia, you mentioned that some people won't buy from people with low feedback. How do you get feedback if you haven't sold anything yet? Do you get it by buying things? I am interested in selling on ebay, but I doubt that I'll ever buy anything on it, so how will I ever get feedback? Should I start out by listing things that will be the hottest sellers so that I will likely make the sale even if I don't have feedback? See what I mean about ebay being so intimidating?

TIA!

Marie

Imperia Guest

Default RE: Imperia!!!

HI Marie,

hehe I feel like I am being paged.

Anyway, you can build feedback by buying things first. That's generally ho wit's done. There are some unsavoury characters on eBay who bascially "sell" feedback. YOu can buy a recipe or something from them, use PP and get fairly instant feedback for cheap, but this is risky because some people check where the feedback came from and if you "buy" your feedback you are suspect, kwim?

This is a TERRIBLE time to list on eBay if you are selling clothes, so you might want to spend a month or so getting your feedback up to at least 10 or so.

Even if you have 0 feedback someone might buy from you, however, you are likely to make much less than a big power seller. Also I find that some people will just pay more from certain sellers, not sure why this might be it is just a fact.

It is a tad intimidating, but really it's easy once you getteh hang of it. A lot of people say it's a pain, but I love to eBay stuff, it's my hobby.

Let me know if you need more help

Imperia

urbanmama Guest

Default RE: Imperia!!!

Imperia,

Thanks for responding!! LOL at your "being paged" comment.

I will definitely wait to list anything since things aren't selling well on eBay right now. It'll take me a while to figure everything out anyway!

The thing that I'm finding the MOST frustrating is this feedback thing. What do you do if you have NO interest in buying anything from eBay? I can't imagine ever doing any buying on eBay. I'm fairly distrustful of the whole thing and would prefer to buy from reputable companies or not at all. I think my BIL has purchased from eBay. So, he would have feedback. Should I possibly try to sell under his ID?

Thanks so much for your help!

Marie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast