Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Newbie "stupid" question.. Do I need to put pants over onesie?

We had the same problem at first until Ds got a belly. I'd roll the waistband down to help.

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sammy was born in August and he mostly just wore onesies, either swaddled or with a blanket over his legs if we went somewhere w/ A/C. It was very hot here, and I didn't see the point of pants. We had one or two "outfits" we would wear if I was showing him off :-). Then when he was a few months old we started putting pants on him more often, as it was getting into fall. Babystyle.com has great, soft ones--unfortunately the smallest size is 0-6 m. and they were really long for the first few months, but we just rolled them up. You might keep an eye on the website, they have pants that they re-issue in different colors every season and the previous season's colors go on sale at that time. We also had a few pants and tops outfits from Target (circo brand) that were cute. You don't need as many pants as onesies, which may be why they don't generally sell them in threes. The pants don't get spit up on quite as often, although they do get pooped on sometimes.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

ivparker Guest

Thanks everyone for your help. The onesies that I have are mostly very cute with some kind of pattern. I think I'm just going to keep him in a onesie at home and maybe buy a few pants to go with the cute onesies when we go out. I do have some cute outfits already that do come with pants but I got so many really cute "creepers" (I think someone called them that) without any matching pants. Thanks for your help.
    Ivanna

Jennamax Guest

Ben spends most of his time in just a onesie. He gets hot really easily, so around the house I just let him lounge around in just a onesie. I dress him in something (pants over the onesie, or an outfit over it) if we're going out, but that's it.

Jennifer
    ~mom to Ben (3-14-04)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2