JenCA Guest

Default Gymbo lemon shoulder tie romper

Does anyone who bought this item think it runs REALLY small? I received it as a gift in 6-12 months, and I exchanged it for 12-18 months--but when I got it home and held it up to some of DD's other 12-18 month rompers (the strawberry patch romper, for example), it's tiny in comparison! I'm thinking I might have to exchange it again, this time for 18-24 months, so that DD can wear it all summer...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7272.jpg

parkersmama Guest

Default RE: Gymbo lemon shoulder tie romper

I tried it on AG at the store and it fit perfectly right now which made me think it might be running small. Most of the 12-18 are a bit big right now but this fit just right. I thought it was very cute on and I loved the smocked/elastic legs. I didn't buy it, though, because we had the hibiscus stuff on the way and don't need any more summer clothing! :)

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought that one and two other size 12-18 rompers a couple of weeks ago. The lemon one did look much smaller than the other two. The sales clerk said she wasn't sure if it ran smaller or just appeared that way because the style was different (shorter legs, etc.) I didn't have Sarah with me to try them on at the time, and I still haven't had her model them yet, so I don't know what we're keeping. She is on the tiny side, so it may still fit with room to grow.

After seeing AG in the hibiscus set, I called the store and had them order it for me since they were out of her sizes (gotta love not paying shipping!) so when those arrive I'll try everything on her and then decide what to return.

Does anyone know if Gymbo rompers shrink? I had two last summer, but can't remember if they did.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

parkersmama Guest

"After seeing AG in the hibiscus set, I called the store and had them order it for me since they were out of her sizes (gotta love not paying shipping!) so when those arrive I'll try everything on her and then decide what to return."

:) Glad I could be a helpful influence! LOL! ;)

I don't think the rompers shrink much at all, especially the poplin ones. The knit ones might shrink a bit but still not much...maybe 3-5%??

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks, Denise. I didn't think the poplin ones would shrink, but just wanted to confirm.

I don't have much time to get out and browse the stores, so I happily rely on everyone here for great finds! :)

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

JenCA Guest

That's a good point (about the style of the romper possibly making it appear smaller than it really is), I hadn't thought of that. I haven't tried it on my DD yet, but I still have the feeling that she won't fit into it by the end of summer--she's very tall.