Default Unsolicited advice for moms of fall/winter crawlers (girls)

I know I've been doing a lot of buying ahead for next year and it got me to thinking about how our clothing needs have changed over time. I WISH someone had told me what not to buy for a crawler. I guess I never really thought about before it happened. DD started crawling at 7 months. From that point until she started walking at 13m dresses were a BIG no! She just turned 14m and still crawls half the time. Anyway, I know the Hanna sale is coming up and the fall lines for Gymboree. If your baby will be crawling in the upcoming season, you may want to skip dresses for play. ALSO---what you may not expect, rompers are just as bad. They are loose fitting and the baby tends to crawl up in the romper and get stuck. This was particularly distressing because I had loved one piece rompers so much up until that point. Any type of loose pant or overalls did the same thing. You really need function over style at this age. The things that worked really well for us were Gymboree leggings and Hanna wiggle pants. I just wanted to steer you towards some of those outfits. For example, some little cotton long-sleeved romper may be cute at Gymboree. I'd skip it and go for the, albeit possibly less cute, leggings set.

Default RE: Unsolicited advice for moms of fall/winter crawlers (girls)

I'll add to this that the Gymboree leggings are worth every penny you pay for them (even if you pay... gasp!... full price) if you have a crawler. My DD crawled until 17 months (she was a bullet - had no desire to walk), and I quickly realized that Gymbo leggings were the only way to go. Carter's/Walmart/LittleMe/Target/etc. would all get raggedy in the knees with just one or two wearings. The Gymbo ones held up so much better!

ann

amp Guest

I have DS, not dd, but we did ok with 1 pc rompers. He often got his feet up inside the legs, which was a pain, but he never got stuck in them to badly. And if we rolled up the legs, that helped. The shorts rompers are find though. Even having a boy, I can see how dresses would be an issue though!

lynettefrancois Guest

Gee, my mom warned me about dresses but neither of us considered that rompers/loose pants/overalls might be a problem! Thanks for the tip!

urbanmama Guest

Just wanted to say that I agree! DD#2 just started walking consistently so now I'm going to be running out to buy some more dresses!

Marie

parkersmama Guest

I found that it was really only the loosest of rompers/overalls that were a problem. The more streamlined ones didn't seem to have this difficulty. It's the just the ones that were very poofy! :)

Good post! I bought dd so many Gymbo dresses in 6-12 months & I WISH someone would have warned me.
    Kim